Greenhorn Incoming

Passin Thru

Ps ty for the reminder about warranty. Also i saw yall conv about scoops an carbon fiber etc in classifieds. I reckon ill b needn 1 of the kool scoops with scicle handle,for sand. Any ideas on gitn say coins off hard clay with very lil sand or gravel? Lol other than divin

Passin'

Oh ayuh Chummy , ya gotta handle on me home area.

We call uptah th' coast by Canada Downeast  but close enuff.

I kin talk like this too but don't much 'cept fer tourists. OR on forums,,,,justah leave no doubt , there arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a toucha pirate in there sumplace I gess.

Lotsa scoops ta pick frum  yup yup.  I got a smaller one cuza my bad elbows.... 

Looks like you found sum good spots ta dig up cool stuff , keeper lookin' and nice pics , we duz like pics !

Holy cow!! Between the two of you guys, I'm going to need an interpreter!! My head hurts!! 🤣

PT,

That's an awsome piece of wood/art/history, that could be worth a good bit of money to the right collector!! Mounted "as is" on a nice base, and with a good backstory! And shopped out to an independent gallery! That is, if your willing to part with it! Nice find!👍👍

• Like 1

Big Treasure today😁 20210419_181958.thumb.jpg.8717593fd8c11298b735f0e07a647648.jpgi went back over a parking area used since early 80s that id previously dug with BH Tracker 4 mod that id gotten 17 bucks in pennies dimes quarters as well as cupla sterling rings. There were only 3 nickels in that amount. I think 3 diff hunts. 2day i used nox 600 an dug every target from 11 up in field 1 factory. I thought id surely have bunch of nickels. Nope. Not a 1. And only 1 2005 lincoln as only coin found. Rest was pretty much what i figured as trash with BH but wasnt sure. I myself find that surprising. I later expanded my catch of can slaw pull an poptops on diff farm where the i think the hired help traded labor directly for beer in cans,which they then drank at random across 40 acres,with added entertainment of rippin square tops off as they went😬 i did find a lil bunch of wild pigs that may soon add entertainment,seems nice cool wx this wk may even help✌

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, F350Platinum said:

Welcome Passin Thru,

Here's my 2c...20210408_133335.thumb.jpg.5ee1971e69456b1d2e1e8ae4c3e60923.jpg

😀 Seriously, seems to me if you want to upgrade to more tones cheap, and maybe join in some water hunting, the Nokta Makro Simplex+ will give you 99 tones if you want. I was going to get one to replace my non-ground balancing Garrett Ace 400. It's around $250.

However, the local dealer pointed me at the Minelab Equinox 600, and told me I would never regret it. I haven't other than it's not an 800. 🙄 It's about $650.

I've used a Simplex and liked it but love the symphony the Equinox plays. If you're technically and musically inclined and have no problem with Bluetooth, the Equinox is it.

I've been stomping farmland for 7 months now, and the beach for 6 days. It's a heckuva hobby. Since I'm retired and can get out almost every day I think people are getting bored with me, but this forum is the place for advice and tips. There is no free ride, no magic settings or machine, but the folks here are top notch.

You're doing great with the Bounty Hunter, learning a new machine can be trifling but the "modes" each one has will get you off and running. Come back with photos and for fine tuning!

Meantime have some trash. We all dig it. 🤪20210407_134615.thumb.jpg.f6310c6e96aafa73cef9bfa21aabbf5b.jpg

I love the 600,and such as yourself,i bleve t could love the 800 harder😁 definitely can see the advantages in settings. I,ll see your trash and raise some trash🤣,i wonder why i havent found any junk silver coins or ihp or buffalos amongst all the other "Treasure"?

20210617_080439.jpg

20210615_065943.jpg

20210617_080439.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, kac said:

One thing that helps me is learning the size of a target by sound. That means sticking with one machine for a bit and learn good coil control where you have the coil nice and close to the ground and FLAT at all times with a consistant speed. Without good consitent speed you can't judge how long a tone is or how short and you will forever dig a lot of trash. Basically try to remove as many variable as possible.

Then when you feel the need to get another machine with more bells and whistles you will know more what you may want in your area to meet your hunting needs.

Some real basics is if the machine is too chattery then up the disc a little to take out some of the small iron bits and ground noise. Try to run sensitivity up if you can when you need depth but that may not always be possible if there is power lines and just a lot of dense trash.

Thanks for that advice. I ended up getting the nox 600 and have had a blast attempting to learn more about it,hands on. I really do appreciate the advice on "tones" . In my ignorance i assumed at 1st the tones were more of personal preference but,since ive read that they do have their own purpose in more completely or at least attempting to define the target for you by spreading the sig out an not jus cramming them into 2 sections or bins as ive seen steve say. That makes sense. Ill admit the 50 tones is somewhat confusing to me,and ive been stickin to 2-5 on the 600 but ive been using to 50 to attempt to understand it,in yard air tests. Target recovery and depth tests. Jus to familiarize myself somewhat more in my mind what the machine is doing. I can only guess at the many diff variables. Speaking of that,last nite i saw quite a bit of fairly deep clad coins while huntin low tide,the top 4-6" of sand was wet but,the dadgum coins were in a sumwhat dryer layer beneath. Quite a few had a dry layer of sand,crud encapsulating them. I was huntin the lil cuts an gullys that still had lil water in em. Soft sand packed sand,gravel and oyster shell as well as dry sand all seem to act lil diff and in diff areas. As well as how once i open a hole the pinpoint goes loopy. Then also havin several targets an diggin 1 to flip out on top of other😁 ima workn on learnin. Thanks to all of you who share your knowledge 👍👍

• Like 2

Ok, so was all that trash from ONE hunt?? I sure hope not, for your back's sake😫!! I'm gonna borrow that pic (with your permission) for my local politicians!! Next time I show them all the "damage" we do to the environment, metal detecting!!🤣 Here's my "inferior" pile from this morning!👍👍

20210617_150846.jpg

• Like 2