Well kinda (but that's another story)

1 clad dime and 3 memorial pennies , a fishing sinker , an unfired 22  pellet rifle round .
2 1/2 pull tabs and a bunch of tinfoil balls one of which looked like it was turning back to aluminum ore! ( or maybe it was just BBQ sauce ?) and a few odd pieces of iron I haven't washed off yet?????
About 3 hours in park1 sens 22 , f2=0  disc = off., the 6" coil on the fully updated 800 
Swinging in an old campground (it was root city) I watched being built 60 years ago when I was a little kid 200 yards across the cove through mom's binoculars cuz I was too young to row that far ......somewhere in the wilderness that is the southern Maine coast..I was surrounded by old growth white pine that were protected by the King of England for ship's masts for exclusive use of the Royal Navy....My fave site 30' straight up a cliff from the water ,,,and only covered 1/10th of it. , 
  (It's overlooking "my rock" , where I've been fishing for striped bass since I was 2. It was low tide 2 clam diggahs on the flats , one arrived by boat.........)
It was sunny  On shore  S. <5kts  62* 
No pics..
 I am unworthy.
UH AYUH yup yup
Emoji

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

Great tale, RVPopeye! I can almost smell yer pipe. The Maine coast is a beautiful place, even when yer timbers be shiverin'. Fair winds an' following seas on your next hunt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

.I was surrounded by old growth white pine that were protected by the King of England for ship's masts for exclusive use of the Royal Navy...

That would be a great area to be detecting, just all the old relics would be worth it. Not to mention a coin or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds good there mr popeye,that is sum bootiful country,gramps was from Bangor area and ive invaded by sea a time or 2. Ive seen a few utubes of fella goes by Aquachigger where he,s visitin a downeaster Capn Billy an they make some really cool finds as well as bein very comical an entertaining. I know from experience yall have real tidal differences there that could open up wonderful treasures👍👍

• Thanks 1

Not back detecting at the time, as my kids were little! But we had a great time in Portland, and Kennebunkport! We even got lucky enough to see H.W. and the Mrs's, on a drive by there house!

I can't remember the exact location, but we had some great lobsta' rolls at a little clifftop restaurant with a Huge fog horn right next to it! And awsome clam chowda' in KBP! Ya'll have the best seafood!! 

Dang, now I'm hungry!!👍👍

• Like 1

Temp in the 40s but the red buds are poppin' on the maples...I'm givin' my 'ol body a weekend off...( broken down and falling apart , probably cursed)

Aye it's a really nice place here , gettin' awful crowded on the coast fer me taste though....and it's not just in the summah anymoah  let me tell ya Chummy !   I hear 'em say we been "gentrified" , guess that means "took over" .  Lots of no trespassing signs where once there were none...

Might have to move to the hills an get a flow thru? 

Passin'

I've seen Aquachig's vids uptah camp . He does go Downeast ,WAY up th' coast ! 

I like his little jetboat arrrrrr ,,,,,,and ain't no doubt , that boy must have a BIG barn the amount of stuff he brings home.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another day at the state park (I have zee papers in order) negative low tide -.6 but not as good as it was on the weekend -1.9 . But basically had it all to myself .

A very steep beach , dropping off of 15' from the towel line to the low tide mark , probably 100' of flat from drop off to the water today.

I started off right at the water line, surf caught me not lookin' and topped my 18" boots  ,

Pants shed it off so feet still dry and warm in the wool socks....

Stock 11"

Beach2 ,

Recovery ,  switching between 4 and 5

FE , 6 (did a factory reset , forgot to check for F2..

Sensitivity , between 16-20 , 

Zig zaging the flat from the wash to the bottom of the drop off . I got a tone , (a 9 on the 800 display  8" down , plus ) There were streams of water running out of the bottom of that soaked 15' mountain every few feet and flowing to the wash line. I was lucky , the tone was between two of them.  But not that lucky .The hole was instantly a pool with water running through it washing the sand in as guick as I could scoop it out  and nothing found but each time I swung the coil over the hole ( ~ every ten scoops ) the target was still there and the ID GOT LOWER !  8 ,,, 10 more scoops 5 , 10 more scoops 1 ! And I heard the scoop hit something metal !!!! One final jump driving the scoop down 6" below the sand !  Pulled it out with both hands .....That's when I saw it .  A door off a beat up lobby trap ! Skuh kuh kuh kuh  ~6"x8" 1 1/2" mesh , steel? Been there a while  rust and concretion.

I kept at it for a couple more hours zigging my way about a 1/2 mile and then back . One more target , ID 13 ....a beat up beaver tail . And then another I had trouble pinpointing and finally ? think it was a badly rusted hook , but that turned out to be a forked stick when I cleaned it up so mystery bit left for pdunk to find ??? Did a final sweep of the towel line between the two trails to the beach and the entrance/exit areas .  

It started to rain as I was packing up , just enough to send the few others there scurrying home .. then it stopped ! So I sat and watched the surf eat its way back up the beach for a while and headed out before I got stuck in rush hour from the navy ship factory ! 

Another 2 1/2 hours of nox time  !  Any longer my hip would have probably started hurtin'...

I'll save the more high end junk for when I get photo capability . So I can post a "Hall of Shame" pic 🤔 

Who knows MAYBE the depositors will bring me "gift targets" soon ? Still lookin' for that 10 carat diamond trophy wife ring..................

• Like 5

Need to install game cameras around and see who is beating you to the beach heheh.

Still no pics? Even I strut my trash, shows the detector is still working 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have heart Cap'n, I had a skunk day today as well but I expected it. The field behind my house got bush hogged a couple days ago, it was a bad day here but I managed to get out for a little while after all the tornado risk vanished. A neighborhood not too far away got trashed by one. No warnings at all from NWS!

While I have found some buttons in my yard, I didn't expect much further back. It's about 2 acres, couldn't hit the whole place so I just randomly walked around.

It's just great to get outside, and even if ya got trash ya got something.

Hope your next hunt is a great one!

• Like 2