I skunked last week...not even any trash ! But a couple more hours building up my swing stamina !

Oh hell yeah ! I was at the beach , and it wasn't frozen ...

Sea temp still well below 50* so no swimmers yet.

Maybe try a small lake , they warm up faster !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just missed my low tide by an hour so lost most of the "flat" wet sand , about 8' left before the drop off slope started up.  beach 1 

Started out hugging the slope bottom ,  nothin'....... nothin'......... nothin'......................... 2 ! 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  YUP

The T Rex chewed through the hard packed sand and the hole didn't immediately fill with water either !

On the 6th scoop the target moved out of the hole....It's A Riiiii ,,,,,Corona Cap .awwwwwwwwwwww...

Spent about an hour working the slope before the hips said stop.  Climbed up 10' higher to the top and there it WAS ! Finally !  DEPOSITORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 30 college kids were setting up for somethin'????   A half dozen bozo's digging a "bunker?" with their hands , bent over shooting the sand between their legs creating  rooster tails of sand like a pack of hyena's . skuh kuh kuh kuh 

Another half dozen throwing footballs ,,,and another dozen bikini babes running into the (51* f 11*c) surf..

Mehhhhhhhh.

CUZ ,,, before me lay the most wonderful sight !

Piles of clothes and shoes EVERYWHERE !

Mental image of the spot and back to the car ..Going in for the bunker cleanup tomorrow , hope they don't fill them back in ,,,,,nahhhhhhhh )   11:15 am , low tide 0.5  More Corona's ,,but maybe.................? 

Unless Mom calls , then she gets to have an ice cream on the way to the beach !

(they re-set when they turn 90 so she's 7 !)

• Haha 3

I was at the beach early am.

Found the spot. About 40'x 120'

The "bunker" was totally sanded in by the extra high tide last night , so grid the dry and got 2 pull tabs and a strange item ID#8 , it looked like the sealing part from a modern mason jar screw on lid but beer bottle size , made out of metal with some printing obscured by rust , and that was it !  ????    Whoda thunk it , neat teens ?

Tide was almost out by then so zig zagged my way up the wet sand shelf towards the parking lot.

On the way out I scanned the ledge at one end of the beach by the entrance/exit. It is a natural "bench" that lost of people sit on ....Target found , a 32-34 ,,,silver quarter ???? 

Second scoop came up with a small 4oz size olive? jar full of sand , dumped the sand out and a shiny N.H state quarter appeared !  USUALLY a 29-30 ?  Hmmm the glass jar? bumped the ID #  up ? ......78 cents in this year's clad pile ! About 20' from the first quarter found on first trip to this beach in march. 

LOL 2 more hours on the nox clock.

Memorial  Day weekend comin' right up.......target count will change then , but I like the spot so don't care ..

Lots of other beaches south of here to search then too.  

Next trip is a lakeside park if I can get a detect-o-pass from the ranger.... 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Didn't make it there much this summah but the weather and everything else was in alignment yesterday.,

1 dime and 7 pennies (all clad) and a top half of a pulltab   and then there it was ......a 29 so thinking quarter , but one of those mini mason style bottle cap was in the scoop ! It even looked like a quarter but was really thin. Then I washed it off.

17 cents closer to paying off the detector !  

Beach 2 factory reset , only change was F2=0 , disc off.

Next time I'll try Field 2 there and Beach 1 in my yahd ....shake it up. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Son's Of The Beach

season 2 the episode right after the last one ...When we last checked in on the beach our fearless hero went home just one step from Templar GOLD  ! Will he uncover the untold riches of Montezuma this trip ??  Maybe the Arc Of The Covenant ! 

Who Knows ?? ,,,,The Shadow do !

It was an unnervingly  warm (40*) rainy day and so I decided to take a quick run to the beach with a plan.....

High tide ugh , didn't check the chart ,The 800 stock coil  Beach 1  recovery 4  sens 20  F2-0  All metal on. Takin' ground grabs every few minutes as I wander down a low spot between the towel line and the dropoff..... Threshold cranked and movin' at a crawlI I was fixin' ta listen for faints like Joe OBN  oh ayuh. Surf was up too so NOT in the 40* water though !LOL  I forgot the boots and only had my low tops on and there's a 5 meter drop off at high tide there' , so that too !) 

Just me , 2 surfers and a few walkers and an hour to go till have to run and beat rush hours across the bridge over the shipyard.

So I walked ,,,and walked , and walked , the surf was loud but so were the headphones ! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO threshold at around 434HZ very relaxing !

WAS THAT A BEEP ? Nope just one of the dumb old endangered plovers ! Looks like lunch ta meeeee ! Got any brothers? ye be a tiny thing !

First target !  , a  - -  no ID but a tiny little gurgle in the threshold   ! So the T Rex bit off  a mouthful and went to work , first scoop and it disappeared !  second scoop  gurgle back but more gurgly ! Third , fourth , it boop toned iron ! , fifth  , louder ,,,,,,sixth IT'S OUT !    Turn on the 35 and  ?????? It's aaaaaaaaa ,,awwwwwwww little piece of trap wire !

Time's up sucker head for the car , oh well it was starting to rain a little harder.....🙄nope !

OK , targets in the pocket  , I know , goin' commando , no batman belt , or pouch.  The 35 was in the same pocket . 

Second target gurgles (in 2 directions!)  T Rex chomp chomp chomp ID 8 ,,, CHOMP, it's out !

I kick the pile and turn on the 35 m I think i see SILVER !!!!!!!!!?8?  BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   a tiny aluminum clip from an ace bandage  . Rats !

Both very small and  deep though ,  Me likey gurgles  gurgle , gurgle , gurgle !!!!!!!

Time's really up now the rain is picking up , any day at the beach is better than a sharp stick in the eye ,      ??  Me thinks me metaphors might be  scrambling...ARRRRRRGH

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sons Of The Beach 

Season 3

Southern storm in town and the temps hit the 60s on the coast yesterday.I                         So I spent the day watching the white stuff melt......... orrrrrrrr NOT !

The surf was UP big time and the tide was LOW . 11" coil Beach 2 this run  and recovery speed 3  . The blood red Roger rules, No target gets out alive . 30 yards of flat below the 1st drop  to the waterline , well , sorta. Half of it was in the surf wash and it was sudsin' up like the blizzard l couple of weeks back. No boots again so playing tag with the wash made it hard to get close to that sweet spot out in the wash zone but of course I tried ,,,and got a couple of wet socks before it was ... BEEP  over,, , a 30 .  About 10 scoops  , the hole was sloppy wet and caving in as quick as I could pull the scoops out completely under a couple times when the wash won but ,,finally out of the hole . A few distributin' kicks and a quick swing  and bang , oh yeah . Opening bid a qwaatah !

Left the fully charged pointer in the holster. 

Spiral out steady as she goes mister low and slowwwww ignoring the foam a foot deep and my coil looked like a half dissolved marshmallow and so did my wet boots but was thinking those wool socks were doing their stuff and my soggy tootsies were actually warm annnnnd another BBweep on the second rev. loud and shallow maybe one scoop on this one?  but LOOKOUT RUNNNN  ! It was underwater and so was my foot  skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh , I didn't  make it ! .   Only 6 scoops this time and in the sand was , is that arrrING ? poke poke  NO a broken off edge of a  Stinkin' Zincoln , OH My Goshk ! Well , some of the rest of it was just below ...  one foot extra wet now (c'mon woolies!)  spiral spiral BIP ? wuzzabip ?  It's a 6 !!! Ooh huh huh huh huh....scoop ,and GOT it ! kick swing drag my foot across again hit built in pinpoint and ,,,,it's,,,,,gone? OK , fire up the profind  bzzzzzzzzzz grab the tip with the sand  poke poke it's a clip off a wire trap .awwwwwww

Looks like the work of the  KRAKEN !😳 

Spiral spiral ,,,,,spirallll ,,,,,, nuts' head for the rocks  , oooo a nice cut from the wash next to the ledge !  Yup yup !   and 10 steps to another beep ! a high one ! 24  , di...hmmm scoop only go 3 inches before hit ledge. only one tool left and the plastic spoon was clearing the rest of the sand easily. the profind sez there ! it looks like another ring....it's silver ! ,,It'sssssstuck in a crack in the ledge just like a nuggie ! and I can't get it oOUT.arrrrrrrgh , gotta go back to the car lot to see if I have a screwdriver of the straighr slot variety on the trunk....but ....I can't leave an open hole  arrrrrrrrrrrrr ! Fill it in. pick up everything and back up the hilllllll.   Found that old bent driver in mom's tool kit ! and shlepped everything back down to the "scene of the beep"  RATS kids  , playing in the foam right , over my preciousssssss!.ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! 

But they're NOT digging !  Guess I COULD use a water break ..Never mind ! Those kids sure do move fast !  back to work Mr Lazy . Scoop , spoon spoon spoon , glove glove it's still there ! Duh , kids didn't have a screwdriver !  careful nowwwww, scrape scrape ,still stuck hard, well , it's a really old screwdriver so jam it in that ledge pops !  PRY .it got a little looser ,,,pry on the other side LOOSER , , dang not a ring and looooooser. It's OUT , a dime worn half thickness and totally smooth on one side and not much left on the other , but it's NOT CLAD !!!!!!!!!!!   Noxie's first silver treasarrrrrrr found and in the pouch ! with a clad qwaaatah and a two piece zinc thingy .  A nothing hour of swinging later except for an incredible surf show just a quick run away !  

That's when it happened , real treasure !    One of the kids in the foam was near me and I told her mommy that she "couldn't buy that much fun at the toy store !" and she agreed , but the little girl was looking at the nox and scoop . 

Yup , "What are those things ?"  so I began to explain .."Are you looking for TREASURE Mister ???"  🤗     " I sure am !" ,,      "CAN I HELP ?    "Well , OK for a little while IF mom says you can...

"Can I  can I can I ? " mom caves  "You can be my wave lookout . Tell me when a wave is coming " as I took off the headphones so she could hear the detector... ..

And we swung , and swung , and the threshold dipped out. "OH , is that treasure?"   "I hope so ,,HERE COMES A WAVE !". I stepped on the scoop and ran ! like my foot wasn't already soaked ...   so we waited ,,,and then she ran out and got ,,,the , scoop !!! ahhhhhhhhhh ! NOOOOOOO ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh  I tried to keep my eye on the spot. but by the time the wash was over it was gone........ but the nox still worked and it was back under the scoop 5 times as quick as I could pull 'em out. and " RUN WAVE " we made it this time and the scoop was still in the hole too ! But the 5 scoops and the hole were right there ,,,,,,gone ! But the scoop wasn't , and then another wave was back , the tide was coming back in !  But my crew went out and happily brought it back to shore for me.  Now d id I mention it's still Februrary ? ,,,and the sea temp is 35* ?  Mom wanted to go get a heavier coat out of the car so I told me crew she probably should go with mom so's she wouldn't worry 'bout the Kraken and stuff.  

Headphones back on and of course  I pulled a couple of pull rings (also silver ring colored) and a rusty Corona cap in short order. and me crew comes running back ,,"Did you find anything?"  "unh huh " ,, "what WAS IT ???" and I showed her the contents of the pouch  which included the coins , the zincoln was the object that got the most questions so I decided to share the booty with me crew and gave her the zinc pieces to show her friends and  then my treasure and her mom headed to the lot with this ol' Son Of The Beach  ,,,with a "half dime" in the poke !! 

Hey , does that count ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Sons Of The Beach 

Season 3

Southern storm in town and the temps hit the 60s on the coast yesterday.I                         So I spent the day watching the white stuff melt......... orrrrrrrr NOT !

The surf was UP big time and the tide was LOW . 11" coil Beach 2 this run  and recovery speed 3  . The blood red Roger rules, No target gets out alive . 30 yards of flat below the 1st drop  to the waterline , well , sorta. Half of it was in the surf wash and it was sudsin' up like the blizzard l couple of weeks back. No boots again so playing tag with the wash made it hard to get close to that sweet spot out in the wash zone but of course I tried ,,,and got a couple of wet socks before it was ... BEEP  over,, , a 30 .  About 10 scoops  , the hole was sloppy wet and caving in as quick as I could pull the scoops out completely under a couple times when the wash won but ,,finally out of the hole . A few distributin' kicks and a quick swing  and bang , oh yeah . Opening bid a qwaatah !

Left the fully charged pointer in the holster. 

Spiral out steady as she goes mister low and slowwwww ignoring the foam a foot deep and my coil looked like a half dissolved marshmallow and so did my wet boots but was thinking those wool socks were doing their stuff and my soggy tootsies were actually warm annnnnd another BBweep on the second rev. loud and shallow maybe one scoop on this one?  but LOOKOUT RUNNNN  ! It was underwater and so was my foot  skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh , I didn't  make it ! .   Only 6 scoops this time and in the sand was , is that arrrING ? poke poke  NO a broken off edge of a  Stinkin' Zincoln , OH My Goshk ! Well , some of the rest of it was just below ...  one foot extra wet now (c'mon woolies!)  spiral spiral BIP ? wuzzabip ?  It's a 6 !!! Ooh huh huh huh huh....scoop ,and GOT it ! kick swing drag my foot across again hit built in pinpoint and ,,,,it's,,,,,gone? OK , fire up the profind  bzzzzzzzzzz grab the tip with the sand  poke poke it's a clip off a wire trap .awwwwwww

Looks like the work of the  KRAKEN !😳 

Spiral spiral ,,,,,spirallll ,,,,,, nuts' head for the rocks  , oooo a nice cut from the wash next to the ledge !  Yup yup !   and 10 steps to another beep ! a high one ! 24  , di...hmmm scoop only go 3 inches before hit ledge. only one tool left and the plastic spoon was clearing the rest of the sand easily. the profind sez there ! it looks like another ring....it's silver ! ,,It'sssssstuck in a crack in the ledge just like a nuggie ! and I can't get it oOUT.arrrrrrrgh , gotta go back to the car lot to see if I have a screwdriver of the straighr slot variety on the trunk....but ....I can't leave an open hole  arrrrrrrrrrrrr ! Fill it in. pick up everything and back up the hilllllll.   Found that old bent driver in mom's tool kit ! and shlepped everything back down to the "scene of the beep"  RATS kids  , playing in the foam right , over my preciousssssss!.ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! 

But they're NOT digging !  Guess I COULD use a water break ..Never mind ! Those kids sure do move fast !  back to work Mr Lazy . Scoop , spoon spoon spoon , glove glove it's still there ! Duh , kids didn't have a screwdriver !  careful nowwwww, scrape scrape ,still stuck hard, well , it's a really old screwdriver so jam it in that ledge pops !  PRY .it got a little looser ,,,pry on the other side LOOSER , , dang not a ring and looooooser. It's OUT , a dime worn half thickness and totally smooth on one side and not much left on the other , but it's NOT CLAD !!!!!!!!!!!   Noxie's first silver treasarrrrrrr found and in the pouch ! with a clad qwaaatah and a two piece zinc thingy .  A nothing hour of swinging later except for an incredible surf show just a quick run away !  

That's when it happened , real treasure !    One of the kids in the foam was near me and I told her mommy that she "couldn't buy that much fun at the toy store !" and she agreed , but the little girl was looking at the nox and scoop . 

Yup , "What are those things ?"  so I began to explain .."Are you looking for TREASURE Mister ???"  🤗     " I sure am !" ,,      "CAN I HELP ?    "Well , OK for a little while IF mom says you can...

"Can I  can I can I ? " mom caves  "You can be my wave lookout . Tell me when a wave is coming " as I took off the headphones so she could hear the detector... ..

And we swung , and swung , and the threshold dipped out. "OH , is that treasure?"   "I hope so ,,HERE COMES A WAVE !". I stepped on the scoop and ran ! like my foot wasn't already soaked ...   so we waited ,,,and then she ran out and got ,,,the , scoop !!! ahhhhhhhhhh ! NOOOOOOO ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh  I tried to keep my eye on the spot. but by the time the wash was over it was gone........ but the nox still worked and it was back under the scoop 5 times as quick as I could pull 'em out. and " RUN WAVE " we made it this time and the scoop was still in the hole too ! But the 5 scoops and the hole were right there ,,,,,,gone ! But the scoop wasn't , and then another wave was back , the tide was coming back in !  But my crew went out and happily brought it back to shore for me.  Now d id I mention it's still Februrary ? ,,,and the sea temp is 35* ?  Mom wanted to go get a heavier coat out of the car so I told me crew she probably should go with mom so's she wouldn't worry 'bout the Kraken and stuff.  

Headphones back on and of course  I pulled a couple of pull rings (also silver ring colored) and a rusty Corona cap in short order. and me crew comes running back ,,"Did you find anything?"  "unh huh " ,, "what WAS IT ???" and I showed her the contents of the pouch  which included the coins , the zincoln was the object that got the most questions so I decided to share the booty with me crew and gave her the zinc pieces to show her friends and  then my treasure and her mom headed to the lot with this ol' Son Of The Beach  ,,,with a "half dime" in the poke !! 

Hey , does that count ?

Kinda hard to follow the story but sounds like you got a Half Dime.  Good work.  No pics?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Badger   :  "Kinda hard to follow the story but sounds like you got a Half Dime.  Good work.  No pics?"

I was having a hard time following that kid !

Well I can't tell if it's the top half or the bottom half but pretty sure it's a dime ..👁️👁️

Not pic post capable yet , (would need to lug the computer with me ATM) ,,,priorities  but I have a plannnnnn  , bwa ha ha ha ! Step 1  Replace the flip phone........😋 

I knew you could do it 😊 Treasure at last. Congrats on the Silver with the Nox. But before you get a camera, get some boots man.😨 It is cold when you get caught in a wave this time of year.

• Like 1