3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

Kinda hard to follow the story....

Well if someone from Nu Hamshuh can't understand his accent, imagine how the rest of us struggle!  Heck, if it weren't for the TID report I would have had no idea what a qwaatah was.

Sailor Man (does that translate?), good on you for letting that girl participate and giving her a souvenir.  Those kinds of things can make a positive impression for life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thank ya , thank ya very much , I thank ya and Priscilla thanks ya too...

Now the jinx is broken I'll hit the OOB bet it was crowded too .(Old Orchard Beach) Billions of square feet to cover there !

Decipherin' my accent writing is a hunt in itself I guess.🤨

You guys ,don't be pickin' on Badger fer not knowin' zackly what I wuz sayin'. Them fella's in New Hampstah ain't used ta us gull drool downta the coast , they only got 15 miles of it dontchyaknowww ! 

(and BTW , it's almost all beach !)

The dime was probably there way before this trip , just didn't cover that exact spot yet is all ! I'm convinced there could be a few more, the beach is a mile long>>>>>>>>>>>>>and timing the negative tides when the park is open AND not crowded  Gotta go by the rules or NO DETECTING !!!!!! It's a State Park. Makes days like this a rare treat. BUT they don't give out very many passes , so It's usually ALL MINE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the recovery 3 and inching along probably didn't hurt either.

The sand doesn't get stripped or filled in too much though for some reason ?

Between the mouths of two rivers , one of which keeps having some big things called DDG 1000 go by.  https://www.navy.mil/Resources/Fact-Files/Display-FactFiles/Article/2391800/destroyers-ddg-1000/ (I sometimes wonder what might have been lost overboard as they go by ???)🤔

Yup the kids are fun ,,,, sometimes , mom apologized for the kid's interest  ! 

No Problemo lady . I'll need to apologize to her when she hears  "ALL I want for christmas is a GPX 6000" 

It's been 12 years since my last fix on the pirate ship ......kinda missed it . What can I say ? YW MineLab THAT will be a detector sale some day !  I knew that when she said "treasure" !! yup yup.

Plow guy is here  ! I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE ! Bazeenia!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Between the mouths of two rivers , one of which keeps having some big things called DDG 1000 go by.  https://www.navy.mil/Resources/Fact-Files/Display-FactFiles/Article/2391800/destroyers-ddg-1000/ (I sometimes wonder what might have been lost overboard as they go by ???)🤔

You're way up there?  Most people would call that mid coast, not south coast. 

South coast usually means south of Portland. Mid coast is Portland to Bar Harbor.  Downeast is Bar Harbor to Lubec.  I've spent a lot of time cruising along all three of Maines coasts.

• Like 1

I've sometimes wondered if those terms were created by the chamber of commerce LOL

"There are no rules , it's more like guidelines" 

The Lobbie boats are the real deciders out there  !

Kennebec and Penobscott rivers are the natural dividers , "close enough for gov work" arrrrr That beach is just north of the Kennebec ,,but I live south of it closer to Beans. 

• Like 2

I'm closer to Maine than Hampton. I grew up on the Piscataqua looking over to Eliot.

In '69 my parents moved to the other side of town near Great Bay. That's where I live today. I'm 65 now. Parents have been gone many years.

I know Kittery well.

The Basin in Phippsburg was one of my favorite anchorages. I explored and detected that area for years. Sold my last sailboat in 2009 and took up surfing in 2013.  Just started wing foiling last fall.

I still detect when I can. Finding stuff is a lot more of a challenge now than it was 20 years ago.

Popham is a nice beach but the rangers are hard to find for a pass..

Like the "burg"  ,, good history at Popham Colony and fishin' fer Stripers by the fort !  The ranger at Reid much easier to find ! 

I worked  many nights at The Meadowbrook on the circle in  Pmouth  in 80s +90s ! Probably long gone by now ? Crossfire , Crybaby , Magic  some of the bands ..

My cousin lives on the Eliot side of the TPK now .  Worked at the doesn't always float boat yard . Retired. Trying to get him hooked on detecting ..  And I want to check out the detector store in Hampton  ( possibly the reason for less finds there now ,,,or maybe this guy> ?) +try to spot the NH Beach YT guy , he moved to a block from the beach now so out there a lot ! I'd like to search that beach to see if he ever misses a ring ? LOL  (when it gets a little warmer like wednesday did).  BUT , Long day trips are few with a 98 YO mom to keep happy. OOB typically my southern limit but the grass is always greener on the other side ! 

Putting it off as long as possible but gotta go out and shovel the latest mess ~6" here,  (7* atm. arrrrrrgh)......😋

• Like 1

I went to the Meadowbrook a few times. I remember a really good Led Zeppelin cover band one of the times I was there. The motel/lounge was torn down a long time ago and replaced with a big car dealership.

I know Mike from NH Beach Metal Detecting pretty well. I've been in some of his videos. He lived not far from me before he moved to Hampton. What I don't like about his channel is that he gives away the location of all the hot spots. Next day a dozen or more people show up. I wish he would stop doing that. I'm hoping he spends more time at Hampton Beach now that he lives there. You can also find him on the NH Metal Detecting Forum. He goes by the name saltwaterking.

You must mean the Seacoast Coin and Jewelry detector shop in Hampton. I drive by it all the time but have never been inside. There's also a Cabela's in Scarborough that might have a lot of detecting stuff. I've never been there either. I do all my shopping online.

Yeah , he even showed you where he parked !  😇    Seems to do alright ,,,he got that car with rings !

I worked Hampton and Salisbury and most of the Boston circuit clubs back in the biz too. Things have changed a lot since then I guess probably would not recognize anything except for the beaches themselves . If the area around OOB is any indicator .  Could find 'em all by water though but me Cap traded the Whaler for a retro canned ham camper ! Can't fish in THAT ! And then he moved to Virginia ,James river on the bay.....

Now jonesing for another Montauk ! with a ski tower , for TUNA !

That's me Cap !  From Southport Isl .  There be pirates there !       Anyway.....

Never explored much below the border by sea  , you must know a lot of little hard to find beaches  having a boat down there ! (you seem to know some up here too)

Think my cuz might still have a little aluminum outboard ( sears?) , not sure how many lifejackets ????😉 Maybe I should pick up a survival suit before asking ...little boats are nice but they belong on lakes don't they ? Definitely NOT outside  ! 

Dick's in S Portland has some MineLab 800s+540s but that's it , no pointers , scoops or anything. Cabella's is supposed to have some prospecting accessories too . The rest of the places I've found just have the ~$100 units on the shelf.. 

My main reason to go to Hampton is Seacoast Coin   ,I'd rather buy someplace local than Amz,  Just found the website thx for the name.

Not much to pick from detectorwise uptah camp in the Pine Tree. arrrrrrrr