1st Time Out With Eq800

Congrats on your quick success with the Nox!

Very nice find for your short time with the 800.

Good luck on finding more on your next trip.

What part of the country are you at?

16 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Best bet is this forum under the gold prospecting section.

Here's the best place to start with anything related to the Minelab Equinox.  There are several links there to using this detector for native gold hunting.

• Like 1

My first big find with the Nox 800 was a crumpled up beer can in a civil war corn field.   You have done much better.

All joking aside,  that is a very nice specimen.  Can't wait to hear of your upcoming adventures.    //R   

• Like 1

Thx for the feedback and tip about Minelab Eq Essentials info (Steve H.) I appreciate all feedback. As for where I found the gold, both pieces big and small were found in the El Paso mountains in So Cal. This area is drivable for many SoCal people and therefore is "gone over & over by 'multitudes' of prospectors". It also has a lot of mineralization and is/was with the EQ difficult in some areas. I will say that the GPX5000 never would have found the "small" piece of gold but would have found the larger piece. I am enjoying the EQ MUCH more than the GPX but I can see I need to learn how to tune it much better than I am doing as a "newbie" on the Eq as I now am. I intend to chk. all the info Steve mentioned and may do some training also.

• Like 1