Atx DD And Mono Wiring Diagrams Anyone?

Dmnz

Hi guys

so the “new to me” atx arrived - mint condition which is great.  I have several older ATX coils with various cable faults and wanted to rewire one onto a straight cable.   (Do I need a 4 wire and screen cable?)

I wonder if anyone has a wiring diagram at all, or failing that - the original cable has 4 wires and a unshielded screen on the DD coil.  Is the screen Actually connected to any of the 4 wires?  

I can’t seem to get the “iron check” feature to work on my salvaged coil and guess this may be due to the screen cable?

i know the windings are circa 9ohms and 1.3 ohms

any help appreciated on the DD and Mono wiring.  

fyi / had a swing with the atx today - it’s still a great machine!

Dmnz,   have you hunted with the Infinium DD on the ATX ?   I just read that it can.      Ive hunted the Inferno for years, never cabel trouble.  But is the Infinium coil deeper on the ATX or no?   If it is ,why not slap a Infinium coil on that baby go hunting?

Got to be something wrong with this idea, huh.

Dancer   

• Like 1

Hi guys

yes I understand the DD infinium coils work with the atx, I have always been keen to buy a couple but no one supplies them in NZ.  I built a “shaft adapter” for the atx a few years back with that in mind.  Just need to find the infinium DD coils on eBay.

ideally I would prefer the mono coil, as the atx 8 inch mono is awesome. 

CE84D1F2-886F-453C-893E-334455CD5E00.jpeg