Gold Rush Camp Finds

Nice finds again! And family participating to boot. That curio cabinet is really sharp. The Bowie is almost a sword! Wow. 

• Like 1

Chris, you are just KILLING it !   Have you figured out what this site was used for ?   Like, was it some sort of known camp-center type location ?   Or traveler stopping spot ?  Or just random cellar hole that has no text-history that you can figure out the purpose/name of the location ?

Or ... if it will make it more simple for you, just give me the GPS location, and I'll do all the research for ya !  😍

• Like 2

F350. The Bowie is a favorite of mine.  Caprock the Deus came in today but the coil charge clip wasn’t in the box so I called them and it’s on the way.   Tom,  I have identified 7  cabin sites, only one is still somewhat “standing”.  This area is very long  and seems the cabins were in two groups.  I haven’t found it on old maps but it’s in line with a few known sites.   I’ll keep plugging away at it but damn those aching muscles.   

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

I’ll keep plugging away at it but damn those aching muscles.   

Haha, I'm 61, aching muscles are daily now. Since I go out almost every day, it's not so bad anymore other than an arm cramp now and again. I used a Limbsaver sling at the beach because I wasn't moving as slow as I usually do. When scouting it's the worst.

I do get "Trigger Finger", my right ring finger locks up on me overnight, and it hurts to straighten it. Fixed that problem by wearing that huge tungsten ring I dug at the beach. 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Haha, I'm 61, aching muscles are daily now. Since I go out almost every day, it's not so bad anymore other than an arm cramp now and again. I used a Limbsaver sling at the beach because I wasn't moving as slow as I usually do. When scouting it's the worst.

I do get "Trigger Finger", my right ring finger locks up on me overnight, and it hurts to straighten it. Fixed that problem by wearing that huge tungsten ring I dug at the beach. 😀

Interesting because after a full day of detecting, I will wake up with my right middle finger locked up.  Feels weird.  I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CVISChris said:

Interesting because after a full day of detecting, I will wake up with my right middle finger locked up.  Feels weird.  I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one.  

Go to the beach and get you a big fat ring. 😀

Have you ever tried to find the era those Chinese "cash" coins were minted? Newest would be about 1911.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CVISChris said:

Yep, I have two trigger fingers after a long day of detecting...  thought it was just me too!

• Like 2