Gold Rush Camp Finds

6 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

I'll be a sherpa for you.  To carry your tools, dig your holes, etc....  My sherpa rates are very reasonable. Ok ?  😘

I’m thinking an electric bicycle may be in my future.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CVISChris said:

I’m thinking an electric bicycle may be in my future.  

Get a golf cart! Or Razr. 😀

1 hour ago, Elbert said:

Well.....weekend end is over. Anything to show us?

Hi EL,  It was my first run with the DEUS and it was pretty warm out in the sun.  I managed to find a complete and in very good shape pick, a small two piece button and a few musket balls and lead pieces.  One thing I  keep finding are wads of thin lead sheets.  I would guess that was what they bought to melt for pistol/rifle balls?  I need some time with the DEUS to get it down and I bought it with the 11 inch coil when the 9 inch was probably what I needed.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CVISChris said:

,,,,  One thing I  keep finding are wads of thin lead sheets.  I would guess that was what they bought to melt for pistol/rifle balls?  I need some time with the DEUS to get it down and I bought it with the 11 inch coil when the 9 inch was probably what I needed.   

Welcome to the harsh-cruel-reality of the Deus.  Although it's touted as the "cat's meow" in iron ridden sites, yet .... it is indeed *weak* on flat tin iron type objects.  Items that other standard discriminators effortlessly pass. 

The Deus faithful will say that there's audio clues that can tell the difference.  But I'm still dubious of one detail :  Will any such audio clues *only work* when there is a "clear line of sight" to the target ?  Ie.: non masked ?  If so, then ... gee, so too can standard machines likewise get a "clean signal" on an un-obstructed signal ?  

But, like you ..... I'm still learning it.

15 minutes ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Welcome to the harsh-cruel-reality of the Deus.  Although it's touted as the "cat's meow" in iron ridden sites, yet .... it is indeed *weak* on flat tin iron type objects.  Items that other standard discriminators effortlessly pass. 

The Deus faithful will say that there's audio clues that can tell the difference.  But I'm still dubious of one detail :  Will any such audio clues *only work* when there is a "clear line of sight" to the target ?  Ie.: non masked ?  If so, then ... gee, so too can standard machines likewise get a "clean signal" on an un-obstructed signal ?  

But, like you ..... I'm still learning it.

Ok Tom I get it and you are right it does seem to like the flat iron..  I still have the Nox for fast moving hunting.  I am new to the DEUS but I like it.

3 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

revealing finds, chines coin may indicate that after the good stuff was found they moved in to finish up . and the seated saw at least 20 years circulation, I supose it was easy to loos things in the mud and dirt, and clothes where falling apart.

We have found only 2 Chinese coins and 1 Chinese lock.   The Chinese coins were 100 plus yards apart.  I would think there would be more but no so.   I think out of all the coins (11) we have found here, all but 1 was next to a piece of slate sticking up from the ground.   It is a very interesting place that gives up a little at a time at this point.  

• Like 3

Sounds like they might be offerings, not lost coins!? Interesting!👍👍

I know I keep joking about "moving to the Sierra foothills" in answer to the md'ing show & tell.  And thus moving in on such md'ing pursuits.  Yet, I'm at the age (60 now, on central CA real estate holdings) , where my wife & I are actually eyeing locations along the historic Hwy 49 corridor.   Because: Correct me if I'm wrong, but that corridor is becoming an increasingly popular area for empty nesters and retirees ? 

But as I say:  Pay no attention to the mysterious man in the trench-coat seen milling around with the GPS tracking device @ your front driveway.  haha