Back On The Farm Relic Hunting, Beach Wrap Up

Great job at the beach! Bummer on the RV breakdowns, and hope the repairs don't take away from your treasures! And I'm sure it's good to be home! Cool necklace! And hope the wife is back to normal!👍👍

• Thanks 1

Nice pendant and chain! Neat idea using a silver quarter to make that coil. Well done.  Is that an old 1800's flat button you found?? Kind of looks like one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Great job at the beach! Bummer on the RV breakdowns, and hope the repairs don't take away from your treasures! And I'm sure it's good to be home! Cool necklace!👍👍

I was hoping to find some older stuff, at least I did find an old military button. Not only is the beach very clean, there are supposedly a lot of detectorists there. Saw a guy swinging an Equinox with the 15" coil on it, don't think he found much because I hit that spot earlier in the day. I watched him dig for a while, but he didn't pocket anything.

Honestly I found most of my coins and rings not by hunting the water, but by estimating the tide level at peak beach time from the day before. I learned a lot, and it's a heckuva lot easier to dig the beach than the farm!

Got the coil coin from Etsy, someone laser cuts them I think.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice pendant and chain! Neat idea using a silver quarter to make that coil. Well done.  Is that an old 1800's flat button you found?? Kind of looks like one.

Thanks! I ordered the pendant before I left, but shipping was slow. They make them for many popular detectors.

The button is probably 1800s, it's brass and very thin, probably the thinnest I've found here. Got over 100 of them in this one field, they range from mid 1600s to the early 20th century.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Any day on a beach is a good day in my book.

RV issues  and the food poisoning sure can put a crunch on enthusiasm though.

Quite true! It's a 40 foot Toy Hauler, lots of stuff can go wrong. It's 5 years old now, has 10,000 miles on it, a '17. No worries, I've fixed lots of these problems, this is my 4th RV. So far nothing has been too expensive. My wife ate some bad watermelon we think.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Well I can say RV life can be rough. I lived in my parents RV for a year in Bakersfield for a new job.  I was home for the weekend and the cold water knob blew out of the shower flooding the whole rig.   The neighbor lady shut the water off for me.  What a mess.   You are living an adventure and this stuff comes with it I guess... still fun though.   

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

My wife ate some bad watermelon we think.

And I bet she tried to blame you for it like most women would.

I read every hunt that you have posted over past few days and loved each one of them.

Sorry for the problems you had with the RV, and I guess she said it was your fault for that too.

Happy hunting on your next trip.