Peg’s Florida Fossil Hunts

8 hours ago, delnorter said:

Really nice finds Peg. I’m amazed at how well shark teeth are preserved. Thanks for posting. Good hunting back here out west.

Mike

Thanks! I guess when the teeth were lost and buried by sediment millions of years ago, through time and pressure, some sort of mineralization takes place...so the teeth are preserved. Cool stuff!

• Like 3

I forgot how much I miss that place! Haven't been in several years with the family! Gotta get back there! Great haul!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Wow, now that is really different, and an amazing haul! I'd be happy finding just one sharks tooth, and you find them by the pound. Simply fabulous, favorite post of the week!

Thanks so much Steve! I’m going to have some of the better teeth wire-wrapped/made into pendants for family/friends...if you want any, let me know!😊

• Like 2

Peg,

I've got some nice ones from when I lived in the area in the 70s.  

Bring them with you out west and you'll be able to trade them for some gold nuggets!  

Mitchel

• Like 2

Peg,

Is this the year you will find a diamond on your way back to Idaho?  I mean are you going through Arkansas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Peg,

Is this the year you will find a diamond on your way back to Idaho?  I mean are you going through Arkansas?

No, not this year Mitchel...did that a couple seasons ago on way to Florida. No diamonds for me tho lol. I did find a cool quartz cluster in Arkansas that trip.
4A9766EA-A0B9-4386-B0D3-EDD6BBD2BD16.thumb.jpeg.ffe521a5148cd67ce3bebf140cf01e0a.jpeg

This year on the way back, I’m planning a topaz dig in Utah when they blast the mountain for fresh material. Should be fun!

• Like 6