Found This At The Edge Of A Lake In The Water

large truck tire stem, looks like a great day of toobing at the lake Ha Ha, Did you find a beer can next to it?

• Like 4

Could be a cycle or motor bike tube stem. However a car tubes are/were used at beach/lake for recreation floatation.

• Like 2

Looks like it came off a tractor tire, my neighbor has been rebuilding them for years, and it looks like one of those from the back tire.

Glad you got it out of the water as it could have hurt someone.

• Steve Herschbach changed the title to Found This At The Edge Of A Lake In The Water

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mshin89
      Hi!
      This rock was recently discovered in the garden after deep digging. It has a blackened outer surface which appears to resemble a fusion crust, and is mostly stone with iron streaks throughout and rusting present. It weighs 38 lbs/17.2 kg, and is roughly 27cm long and 15 cm wide. The rock is rounded on one side and has a straight(ish) edge on the other where it likely broke off from a larger rock (I have dug further and can't find anything else). The rock is lightly attracted to a reasonably strong magnet but the attraction is not strong enough for it to stick to the rock independently. I have attached pictures here. Any help identifying it would be appreciated, though I appreciate it's unlikely to be a meteorite as these are very rare findings!
      To summarise:
      Is a magnet attracted to it? Yes (light attraction)
      Is it heavier than other rocks ? Yes
      Does it have a dark, thin crust on the outside? Yes
      Does it have a lighter color on the inside? Yes

• By CVISChris
      Found these today up stream from my normal digs.  Look like game pieces too me.  
      They are stamped on both sides.   

• By Rick N. MI
      I was hoping it was piece of a meteorite but it isn't. 
      I was using the Equinox 800 and this piece hit hard. It is very light. It's not magnetic. The ID is 1. Could it be a piece of coal?

• By Kris0072000
      can anyone help me in identification?

• By Purplehays69
      I found this years ago while sniping a creek. Went to throw it out of the crack but it was very heavy for its size. Sticks very hard to my pick magnet.

• By Allen M
      I was out in a area that I was in last week and came across this today. There was a vein running between the Quartz’s. Here are some pictures of what I found. 

Anybody have any thoughts on this.