Great finds and a good save on the tag, I wish you luck on finding to family.

Good luck on you next hunt.

• Like 1

Cool stuff! Nice to have great sources of old stuff, so close by!

I haven't found any dog tags at the beaches yet! Which is suprising! But I like the idea of returning them, if possible!

Somewhat related; I have found stainless steel crematory tags on the beach! But those i generally glue to a throwable sized rock, and throw as far out as I can back at the location found! Also a few under trees! Those get replanted! Like the dog tags, I think it's a sign of respect!👍👍

• Like 5

Nice looking finds. That R looking thing is interesting too. The "not" ox knob looks like it's made of lead and may be a fishing net weight or a weight for something else. Fun place to dig when you don't have a lot of time, being as it's right next to where you live.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice looking finds. That R looking thing is interesting too. The "not" ox knob looks like it's made of lead and may be a fishing net weight or a weight for something else. Fun place to dig when you don't have a lot of time, being as it's right next to where you live.

Thanks! The R object is a lug nut, so far research says they were marked right and left at one time. It is chrome plated, the photo isn't all that great. I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

• Like 1
7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks! The R object is a lug nut, so far research says they were marked right and left at one time. It is chrome plated, the photo isn't all that great. I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

I get this feeling that the R hub is older. I don't know why 😄 It just looks teens or twenties to me. So I figured I would Google defunct car companies and Wikipedia had this list. I had no Idea that there were this many manufacturers out there. Shockingly, even one of those from Holyoke, MA where I once lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

39 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I get this feeling that the R hub is older. I don't know why 😄 It just looks teens or twenties to me. So I figured I would Google defunct car companies and Wikipedia had this list. I had no Idea that there were this many manufacturers out there. Shockingly, even one of those from Holyoke, MA where I once lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

Wow. A lot of car makers!

You'd think it would be easy to find. Another person dug one and posted it on Treasurenet, got a bunch of replies but none really nailed it. Model T's didn't have lug nuts, they didn't come about until later. It is old tho.

Oh well, won't fit in a display box so I'll add it to the box o' stuff... 😀

• Like 1
13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

My grandfathers brother has a beautiful Rambler Rebel that he used to race. Not a single ounce of rust on it, and will still beat most cars today.

Hope you find out what it went to.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mn90403
      I find lots of keys at the beach.  I have jars and cups filled with them but I've never found one of these.  I don't think they are that unique.  Perhaps it was just an old style gate key but could it have been a really old padlock key?  I can't find any markings on it.
      All of the other coins were clad with no wheaties.  The closest was a 59 lincoln.  The ring is unmarked and light.
      I wonder what the guys and gals waiting on their 6000s are finding?  haha

• By Kaolin washer
      maybe the last chance at the old farm . found a buckle, and a part of a pocket watch, and modern cladd.  The site is so trashy  its hard to tell the diffrence between a iron can and a good target ,

• By kac
      Haven't posted anything in a while, messed my back up so my detecting is limited. Figured I would hit the beach and use my scoop so I don't have to bend over. Used the Multi Kruzer because I was just hitting the damp and dry sand. Picked up bit of clad, some trash and got a faint signal no numbers until I took a scoop then numbers came up, another half scoop down I got this Grant presidential coin. Date on it is 1877 but don't know when it was minted. Not bad shape for being at the beach.

• By relic ray
      Yesterday I and some friends were detecting a very old park. There were 3 flour Mills there dating back to 1850. I found a bell dating to Sept 8, 1863. Likely a bell to one of the flour Mills. The bell is almost 5 inches in diameter. I also found two dimes, 1907 and 1876. The 1876 has a CC mint mark ALA Carson City.
      Finally a few weeks ago in a different park I found a 1909 half dollar. 
      All of this with my new Equinox 800. 

• By CVISChris
      Today the better half and I hit the camp.  She used the Equinox with 6” coil because the 11” is too heavy for her.  I had the DEUS with 11” coil.  The DEUS takes some concentration but it does pull some stuff out.  Tiny to large it sees it.  I don’t mind the false at times on flat iron.  Anyways here are some pics of my finds today.   The little button is a sailing ship.  The pistol probably has a tale or two.  The buckle was in a bed of iron and gave a sharp blip on the DEUS.   

• By dogodog
      My day started by taking my wife to breakfast and a trip to a local greenhouse. On our way back we drove by a place I have wanted to hunt for a while and couldn't because the owners were just not to friendly. But low and behold I noticed some new house development signs. I did a quick title search and found out it was sold and being developed very soon. So I grabbed my stuff and headed back to this 1830's house. Today was the first day since I got the 800 I could spend more than an hour and a half detecting. My first two hours were a pretty much a bust except a cool silver plate spoon and my wife texting me to see if I found anymore jewelry? (NO) I was getting a little frustrated and decided to focus on a small strip of grass (three feet wide) next to the driveway and an overgrown pasture. After five feet  I got an OK 28-29 signal that was kind of bouncy. First good coin popped out a 1905 barber quarter (yes) Things were looking up. I jumped across the driveway and hunted near a rather young pine tree. Two swings and boom a 24-26 and out comes a 1919 mercury. Things are getting interesting. I stood up after digging the merc, swung again got 23-24 at 9 inches out comes a coin that had me wondering what the hell is that. after a little quick cleaning I realized I had a 1832 classic head 1/2 cent. But this was no ordinary 1832 this has an over stamp with a cross and the initials FZ. It seems that it was stamped early in its life. I'm wanting to know if anyone has ever found a coin with stampings? I have found a lot of good coins, but this has now become my favorite. The day came to an end and I had to go and enjoy some burgers on the grill. 
      Almost forgot the spoon, Its an american airlines made in the 1930's with the shape of a dc-3 and the words flagship on it.