Great finds and a good save on the tag, I wish you luck on finding to family.

Good luck on you next hunt.

• Like 1

Cool stuff! Nice to have great sources of old stuff, so close by!

I haven't found any dog tags at the beaches yet! Which is suprising! But I like the idea of returning them, if possible!

Somewhat related; I have found stainless steel crematory tags on the beach! But those i generally glue to a throwable sized rock, and throw as far out as I can back at the location found! Also a few under trees! Those get replanted! Like the dog tags, I think it's a sign of respect!👍👍

• Like 5

Nice looking finds. That R looking thing is interesting too. The "not" ox knob looks like it's made of lead and may be a fishing net weight or a weight for something else. Fun place to dig when you don't have a lot of time, being as it's right next to where you live.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice looking finds. That R looking thing is interesting too. The "not" ox knob looks like it's made of lead and may be a fishing net weight or a weight for something else. Fun place to dig when you don't have a lot of time, being as it's right next to where you live.

Thanks! The R object is a lug nut, so far research says they were marked right and left at one time. It is chrome plated, the photo isn't all that great. I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks! The R object is a lug nut, so far research says they were marked right and left at one time. It is chrome plated, the photo isn't all that great. I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

I get this feeling that the R hub is older. I don't know why 😄 It just looks teens or twenties to me. So I figured I would Google defunct car companies and Wikipedia had this list. I had no Idea that there were this many manufacturers out there. Shockingly, even one of those from Holyoke, MA where I once lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

39 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I get this feeling that the R hub is older. I don't know why 😄 It just looks teens or twenties to me. So I figured I would Google defunct car companies and Wikipedia had this list. I had no Idea that there were this many manufacturers out there. Shockingly, even one of those from Holyoke, MA where I once lived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

Wow. A lot of car makers!

You'd think it would be easy to find. Another person dug one and posted it on Treasurenet, got a bunch of replies but none really nailed it. Model T's didn't have lug nuts, they didn't come about until later. It is old tho.

Oh well, won't fit in a display box so I'll add it to the box o' stuff... 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm also thinking "Rambler" for those of y'all who remember those fine rust buckets. 😀

My grandfathers brother has a beautiful Rambler Rebel that he used to race. Not a single ounce of rust on it, and will still beat most cars today.

Hope you find out what it went to.

• Like 1