Coiltek Nox 15" Round Coils In Stock And How Did The 1st Hunt Come Out? 8 Silvers Baby

Great hunt with a 15” coil in the turf!! 👍🏼 Years ago in my area, that output would be my norm on a given hunt, along with 30-40 wheat pennies.  I never used a 15” coil for turf hunting in my neck of the woods, but I had a 13” coil I used for a couple of years on my Explorer SE that performed beautifully in the high trash parks I typically hunt.

• Like 2

Great finds in my book any day, but lets be honest here.

I only counted 7 silvers and 1 nickel which is not silver, so where is the other silver coin.

you know I am just kidding of course because the color can fool some people.

Be calling you soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great finds in my book any day, but lets be honest here.

I only counted 7 silvers and 1 nickel which is not silver, so where is the other silver coin.

you know I am just kidding of course because the color can fool some people.

Be calling you soon.

Can't tell if you were just busting Gerry's chops, but the nickel IS silver - a 1945 War Nickel from the pic. 

Nice finds Gerry.  Probably more a function of the site than the coil, but it shows the coil has what it takes to get the job done. I figure the 15" is going to give you probably on the order of 2" additional depth under good soil conditions for coin sized targets.

I was surprised at the decent depth I was getting in sandy, mild soil with the 10x5. No spectacular finds but recovered coins and buttons as deep as 7 to 8" , which is not too shabby for a coil that is an inch narrower than the 6" round.  So I get as good or slightly better depth than the 6" and similar separation, with decent swing coverage.  Happy with my Coiltek so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice Gerry,  I haven't had that kind of success with my 15" yet - but that is about me... and not the coil.  Looking forward to giving it mine a good workout on some fertile soil.  Though, I don't expect to have a day like you did... awesome collection of silver!  

I'm also looking forward to getting my  10x5 when they are available, especially reading Chase's notes above.  ~Tim.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Good looking pile of silver !

Guess there will be some ML coils gathering dust now..... 

Doubt it will be too dramatic a transition.  IMO the 15" is a tad too heavy for what it brings to the table as an every day coil (might be good for water hunters, though, or max depth power coil in mild soil).  Great haul by Gerry, but the 11" and 12x15" ML coils would have likely gotten those coins also - Gerry got onto a hot spot as best as I can tell.  The 10x5 will probably steal away a lot of 6" round coil fans because it has more utility with its decent swing coverage without giving up much in terms of separation and weight vs. the 6" round.  So yeah some 6" coils will be looking for new homes.  But overall, the Coiltek coils simply fill some situational gaps left open by the limited choice of ML accessory coils rather than outright replacing them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Can't tell if you were just busting Gerry's chops, but the nickel IS silver - a 1945 War Nickel from the pic. 

Thank you for correcting me as I did not know that.

• Like 2

I thing Gerry's skills are the "magic silver sauce"! Not the coil! But good to see, just the same!!👍👍

• Like 2