New Garrett ATX Coils & 2016 ATX Detector Options

Garrett is releasing two new, larger 11”x13” closed searchcoils for the ATX pulse induction detector. Available in either a DD or mono configuration, the new ATX coils will be lighter weight and offer increased depth versus the standard ATX searchcoil. The new closed style provides more resistance to falsing due to scrubbing of the coil against the ground and allows gold prospectors to use the upper coil deck to sift/find tiny nuggets easier. The new ATX searchcoil includes an exclusive Garrett design slide-lock system that creates a center-mount style while still allowing the ATX to collapse into its soft cover carrying case. Designated for a mid-year release, the new ATX coil will be available as the new standard offering on ATX detectors and can be purchased as an accessory coil by existing ATX customers. More details and pricing on the new ATX packages will be forthcoming.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/Garrett_New_Products_2016.pdf

garrett-atx-new-11-13-mono-dd-coil.jpg

• Like 1

A medium sized mono coil has been wanted by every ATX owner I know; the falsing issue has also made detecting with the machine a real chore. Well done Garrett for acting on customer feedback.

Now if they would just put the whole thing in a light weight, ATX LO (Land Only) version...

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this!

Does this mean that Garrett has ditched the 'troublesome' Cam-lock system in favour of the new Slide-lock system?

Will be interesting to evaluate any performance (depth) increases over the older standard coil.

Beav

Nothing about the cam locks but since coils all come with their own rod assembly anything is possible. More to the point, getting away from the rear hinge mount and having a center mount will finally eliminate any possibility of coil flop and result in better balance by moving the coil center of gravity towards the operator.

I am mainly just happy to see Garrett continue to support the ATX platform. That does give me hope we may someday see a Garrett LTX. (Lightweight ATX). There is still an opening in the market for a properly designed ground balancing PI that lists under $2K but is more powerful than an Infinium or TDI.

• Like 3

If you want to see pictures of the two new ATX coils, seach on NQ Explorer's Facebook page under their PHOTOS section. Looks like the photos were taken at Las Vegas.

I'd post links but not sure I'm allowed.

Well if you don't link to it then I have to go find it and link to it

https://www.facebook.com/nqexplorers/photos/pb.329293583879461.-2207520000.1453414235./651960401612776/?type=3&theater

And I have enough to do so please everybody, link to items of interest. If it is worth referring to, it is worth linking to. This is not one of "those" forums where you have to worry about stuff like that. No spamming allowed, but that is different, and I know it when I see it.

One thing odd about this is Garrett saying now this is a mid-year happening. Seems to me that would put a real damper on ATX sales between now and then. I guess better to get it out early though so people can't complain later they were not warned. If that is the case, good on Garrett.

• Like 1

Or maybe they just aren't selling, so Garrett are hoping potential buyers may just consider the ATX. 

If this new coil can fix three issues of 1. Coil Flop, 2. Falsing, 3. Balance, then the ATX will be a half decent machine. 

I still don't rate the audio quality, or the dual battery compartments though. 

• Like 1