Nice looking gold! Must have been fun to see them all come to light! 😍

• Like 1

Sweet looking finds there

• Like 1

Nice looking rings. It's been a while since I've found any gold.

• Like 2

Great job Slim- congrats! The ring with the rounded top is really unique. Do you think your Sovereign would have found those?

• Like 1

OK, you find the pretty stuff.... I find the ugly! Seriously, nice finds making for a nice photo. :smile:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Kaolin washer
      surface find in the leaf litter a nice silver earing

• By okara gold
      Got out this morning for a 3+ hour all water hunt. Targets were few and far between but the 14K, 9.4 gram gold ring couldn't hide from the AQ. All settings were at preset except the delay which I ran around 10. I hunt in all metal and some of the iron was questionable with double blips but I dig it all anyway. The ring was down a couple of deep scoops but was very loud and repeatable. The open .925 silver earring gave a broken signal. Thanks for looking. Bob K

• By dogodog
      Went to a local park today after work. Only had a couple of hours to detect and test out my new home made arm cuff. I wasn't a big fan of the plastic, and it was a little too wide and flexy for me. At this point I only have about 5 hours on the 800. The first hour today netted me a handful of clad and some misc. corroded zinc. The next hour was the same thing clad and junk. With only 15 minutes to chicken parm, I got a really nice 28-29, not expecting anything great, I proceeded to find out what it was. For a split second I thought it was another odd piece of stainless, But I quickly saw Tiffany and co. Wooooo Hoooooo. Now I had a good excuse for being a little late for dinner. My wife would never get mad for a Tiffany ring. It is about 6.16 grams and polished to like new. Oh and the cuff was a winner too. fits my arm and no slop. I made it out of an old no parking sign and the factory bottom section. It took me a few hours to create, but I'm happy with it. Have to give a shout out to Kac for the hand digger, Still works great and hasn't failed me yet.

• By Tiftaaft
      Had a couple hours while my wife was shopping today, so went to a sports field to hunt for jewelry. 
      Glad I did, early in the hunt got a solid 15 on the Equinox at about 6".  Texas turf is getting pretty hard packed by this time of year, so digging was tough, especially working to leave the field the way I found it.  Out popped 14k class ring.  I was happy to see a name on the inside, and with a little research located the owner.  Unfortunately, since passed away, but I will try to reach out to the family to return it.  My first gold of the year, and my first class ring.
      Separate signals on opposite ends of the field, I got similar 12-13 signals, and pulled silver from each... first the chunky chain marked .925, then the child sterling cross.
      Also a pocket full of clad including a Martin Van Buren $1 Coin.  All in all, a good day.  

~Tim

• By mn90403
      Yesterday I went on a detect and didn't get much until a little area on the beach where I found a chain.  It didn't have a definitive sound but it looked like it could be silver (it's not).  This made me check the area more thoroughly as I had nothing else going.  I came up with another chain which is a bit of odd construction.  This one would be a bracelet.  And then as I was exiting this little area I got yet another chain but this one is rusting quickly.  

This is chain #2
      During the mile back to the car I thought about how the ocean can be very fickle.  No coins around these chains but 3 of them.  I wanted a 4th because the rhyme and title to this post was already stuck in my brain.  It didn't happen.  I got the cheap ring instead of a chain.
      Today I was going to detect with the 800 headphones again as a result of a purchase from a forum member.  I was glad to confirm to him that while they were sitting on his shelf uncharged they charged for me and also paired.  Great.  I was now on another beach but it was also sparse pickings.  No coins to speak of and I got to one area where someone left their grid marks so I skipped that.  When I headed in the other direction on a mid-line I got a small tone.  When I lifted my scoop up I could see the balled up chain and I knew this one was silver.  My 'line' was rescued and now I could post the title.

This is chain #4.  It is only 1.6g/.925.
      Searching the slope proved unproductive so I headed away from the beach to a dig out and found the costume ring which I think is old style but of no value.  That was my beach hunting.

The old costume ring.
      Later in the afternoon, I took my son to the park and one of the nannies said she needed my help.  They normally give me help and advice so I wanted to know what I could do.  She said she had lost her ring in the sand.  The sunscreen had loosened the ring she bought in Peru that was 18k with some little diamonds.  I had my detector in the car so I tried to find her ring.  She didn't have a good idea where it came off so it was unsuccessful.
      While I was looking for her ring after she left I did find the 1.1 g/14k ring with a heart shaped amethyst!  I don't find many rings in parks because I don't hunt them often.  This should probably change.  It is just good to get out.

• By F350Platinum
      Went early today to the larger beach. Another beautiful day, even the water was tolerable. Low tide is strange here, you go from having about 50 feet of beach to over 200. It's difficult to read but thanks to advice I've been getting from y'all I did great, at least for me and the 4 hours I was out.
      I searched along the tidal pools for a while, walked about a mile. Didn't find much of anything, not even an iron grunt until I found a couple of coins and this metal anvil. I assume it's for making jewelry. Shown with the ring I dug yesterday for size:
      Ran into a guy swinging an Equinox like a golf club, thought of getting a video, it was comical. Exchanged pleasantries and moved on. Only detector I saw all morning.
      Did a little more beach reading, some advice I got was to go knee to waist deep in the water, but the tide was so far out from where it normally is it didn't seem worth it, so instead coming back I aligned myself at knee to waist level to high tide. Here is a photo taken from where low tide was:
      Here is a shot showing the slope and where I found the coin line:
      The umbrella is at high tide. Hit the coin line! Did pretty good for a novice in only about 1/2 mile:
      1970 Mexican Cinquenta Centavos piece, (fitty cent), 4 relatively new clad quarters, Jeff nickel, dime, and a memorial. Most money I found so far. Copper bracelet and a Stainless spinner ring.
      Best find of the day and hence the title:
      Little gold wave ring. ID'd at 1. Not sure if it's solid gold but it's certainly 24k plated, really waxy feel. No marks. My wife loves it. Found it leaving at the entrance. She took the spinner too. 😀
      Here's my take on that - People get to the beach and are so glad to be here they run and drop all their stuff. I found the bracelet and both rings near the beach entrance along with the Mexican coin and the Jefferson. By then there were so many people in the beach it was time to go.
      Tomorrow I'm hitting the areas early where everyone sets up . 😈