That's some pretty gold for sure! I've been sidelined for about a month (doctors orders) but all clear now to hunt until my arm falls off and turn the AQ onto some gold!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Compass said:

Great job Slim- congrats! The ring with the rounded top is really unique. Do you think your Sovereign would have found those?

Thanks George! The ruby & diamond ring I probably would of hit with the Sov GT, it was about 2 feet below a 5 foot cut and it was about 1 scoop down in mild wet sand (no black sand). The other two I found down at the bottom of the wet sand slopes where the sand starts to plateau and were pretty deep so cant say for sure If the Sov would of hit them, I can say for sure that the gold response (high tone squeal) I got from the AQ while in "Tone" mode is so pronounced and amplified that I knew I had a good possible gold target, I say possible because nickels respond just as good. Also I'm able to hunt a lot faster with the AQ in "Tone" mode then I would with the Sov. GT in "Disc" mode and with the 12.7" coil, I can cover more area.. With the Sov in Disc mode, I have to slow down my swing unless I'm hunting in PP mode, and then I lose the Sov Disc abilities. I love both the AQ & the Sov GT though so having both detectors in my arsenal, I'm pretty much set for whatever the wet sand beaches throw at me. For dry sand towel line hunting though, I will be using my Sov GT since I can discriminate  bottle caps pretty good with it. I hate dry sand hunting though and reserve that as a last resort if the wet sand is absolutely hopeless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Love them specially the magenta stones! WOW! Go "AQ"! 

Thanks Joe! I'm still lovin the 11 hour battery masterpiece you created 👍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice looking gold! Must have been fun to see them all come to light! 😍

Thanks! Definitely was stoked seeing gold, especially since March is typically a slow month for me for gold finds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Those are like nice looking  nuggets and  worth   more then  melt  and should not go in the scrap pile.

Thanks! For sure I wouldn't dare scrap these. only crusty broken gold makes it to the scrap pile 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Thanks George! The ruby & diamond ring I probably would of hit with the Sov GT, it was about 2 feet below a 5 foot cut and it was about 1 scoop down in mild wet sand (no black sand). The other two I found down at the bottom of the wet sand slopes where the sand starts to plateau and were pretty deep so cant say for sure If the Sov would of hit them, I can say for sure that the gold response (high tone squeal) I got from the AQ while in "Tone" mode is so pronounced and amplified that I knew I had a good possible gold target, I say possible because nickels respond just as good. Also I'm able to hunt a lot faster with the AQ in "Tone" mode then I would with the Sov. GT in "Disc" mode and with the 12.7" coil, I can cover more area.. With the Sov in Disc mode, I have to slow down my swing unless I'm hunting in PP mode, and then I lose the Sov Disc abilities. I love both the AQ & the Sov GT though so having both detectors in my arsenal, I'm pretty much set for whatever the wet sand beaches throw at me. For dry sand towel line hunting though, I will be using my Sov GT since I can discriminate  bottle caps pretty good with it. I hate dry sand hunting though and reserve that as a last resort if the wet sand is absolutely hopeless.

Beautiful rings

at the same depth / it is faster than the sov GT and the equinox

and all the multi-frequencies

(the multi-frequency calculation time = slows down the response)

but if you want to go even deeper you have to slow down the scanning speed allows you to hear small sounds / very deep

of course, this is only possible in compact sand ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1