Straight Pepsi Took The Treasure Ark Out Today..

Have you tried detecting that shoreline where there is a lot of erosion?

• Like 2

Nice job on the bottles, great looking Pepsi bottle.

Keep up the good hunting and take a fishing pole for when things slow down.

• Like 1

Well ! That little skiff skips along just fine !!  

Plenty of room for air tanks with space left for all those cool old bottles too.

You chose wisely.

• Like 1

I like putting boats into action for something other then fishing...they are a valuable tool

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      Today was kind of a nasty day, windy and light mist from time to time. Went to my new farmhouse permission, hoped that everyone finding silver coins would somehow rub off. 😀
      I'm hunting this large grass cul de sac that the house stood behind. It's pretty large, about a half acre. The grass is really high. I may bring my mower here to cut it so I can find stuff more easily, but today I toughed it out.
      Did pretty well, went up and down the road, found a couple of coin spills, one with two quarters, two nickels and a dime. Went back to the circle and went back and forth over it wading through the grass with sensitivity at 24. Got all this today:
      A 1979 Mattel hot wheel car, surprisingly good shape. An odd piece of brass stamped Peerless Lock Corp Pat pend, two wheats, a 1930, and a 1940 something, they were in the same hole. 4 quarters, 4 clad dimes, 3 nickels and 3 memorials. 4 Zincolns.
      Trash was about par for this course:
      While making a sweep across the field I got a 17/18/19, I always dig those. After scooping up the top grass and some of the gravel, the TID improved, a 27-29.
      Got my best find of the day, and had to stop for Chinese take out because dinner is on me whenever I find silver:
      I really want to find a Barber, the dates here are right for it, but I'll take a nice Mercury dime any day.
    • By F350Platinum
      Went back to the farmhouse Chase and I detected last weekend. We got 1" of rain so things were better for hacking around, wanted to get back there and see what I could find. Got there at 9am and stayed until about 4.
      First thing I dug was an 1908 IHP by the road, hoped that would be the theme of the day, but it turned out differently.
      There is a lot of trash here, and apparently this house burned. I dug a few clumps of molten metal (aluminum) that gave me a clue, the trash to finds ratio was off the charts. 😳 I dug the heck out of it to clean things up for a return trip. It takes about 40 minutes to get there.
      I think I dug a little bit of everything! Sinkers, glass fuses, broken tools, hair rollers, rivets, bullets, and of course a lot of pull tabs and aluminum bottle caps.
      Here are the finds, mostly clad but some other cool stuff:
      A big Smokey the Bear token was the most ironic find, solid 28.
      An old brass World Association of Girl Scouts badge ca. 1950s - 1960s
      It originally had blue enamel.
      Dug this small heart, I think it is aluminum, it has weld marks for a pin:
      A device for a ribbon of some sort that was a 4/5, and a Yale key found near the fuses, probably a spare key kept with the fuses.
      Not much but interesting nonetheless!
    • By F350Platinum
      Got an opportunity to visit a couple of places recently, hoped they'd be a bit better but the prospect was exciting anyway. I got in touch with Chase and invited him down, these are supposedly un-hunted places.
      The first one was pretty clean, we didn't find much of anything. Huge field over 30 acres. It had been "turbo-tilled" so it was easy to hunt after a corn harvest but possibly because of that method of tilling the only thing we heard for the most part was deep iron. Theory is the soil was "fluffed" up with air making any targets deeper. We hacked around there for about 3 hours, and the finds bags got heavy with iron so we quit and went up the road to another permission, a farm where a farmhouse that was taken down in the 80s along with 4 outbuildings stood.
      Chase is somewhere out there... 😀
      It was an extremely trashy site, lots of iron and shotgun shells, so we sorta just coin shot it. I heard and saw just about every signal from -9 to 40 on the Equinox. Very difficult!
      By the end of the day (it got to 84) I managed to pull some stuff out, my trash was plumbing and steel, 2 toasted matchbox cars (China) and a pretty mangled cap gun. Here are the keepers:

2 clad dimes, 1979 and 1980, two memorials from the 70s, and two wheats, a 1952 and a 1911. One aluminum button from the prior site, and a small iron disc that long ago lost its identifying characteristics. I kept it just because it was round.
      my favorite find was a vintage Montgomery Ward Credit Protection key fob, ca. 1940s. It's bronze, and was hit by a lawnmower but it I straightened it out.
      Never knew the first credit cards were coins.
      Going back to this site soon, there's gotta be some silver there. At least the penny is over 100 years old.
    • By F350Platinum
      Beautiful day to head out. Morning was in the 60s, light wind, never got out of the 70s. At first I was going to try the river, there was supposed to be a low tide. Got down there and it was disappointing. Waterman out in the river bringing in crab pots, and no real low tide. Maybe the harvest moon is keeping the water high.
      Decided to go to the newer house and see if I could find more coins, boy did I. 57 coins, about $3.50 just in the driveway! Not a fan of digging in gravel, but if you hit it on a low angle it's a lot easier and you don't damage the coins or your shovel. Dates range from 1965 to 2010. This makes over 125 coins I've dug here, still not one silver. 22 Zincolns  😵
      Went across the road to scout my new permission, really not much there, got the 1954 dog tag and the Disabled Veterans fob above. Also dug a rein guide, a mangled silver plate spoon, and a corner plate.
      Here's the trash. Not bad for this place.
    • By F350Platinum
      Got a message rather late Saturday from Chase, he had threatened to come down here and made good on it. 😀 Went to the old farmhouse and the newer house to see what we could find, I was glad to have someone more experienced to check with me. If you've been following I've found 75 coins at this house now, and no silver. I am starting to think those that said it was cherry picked could be right. 😵
      First we hacked around the farmhouse and I was glad we did. I challenged Chase to look where I had been, I will let him tell ya what he dug but it was pretty darn good.
      He showed me some techniques he uses, and ran both an Equinox and a Deus at the newer house. I took mine over a fresh spot, found 2 memorials, and then went back to the front yard and dug 4 more, all masked by other stuff. Pretty much everything we dug was secondary to what we went after!
      All I got was a new quarter, mangled on the surface of the driveway, and 6 memorials, ranging from a 1959 D to a 1974. Dug the address tag, and then some kid toys not shown. Still no silver found at the newer house but... 😉 At least it was a good day for Chase. Made it worth the trip.
      At one point we discussed the Equinox issue with coins on edge. I'm thinking of dusting off the "old" Garrett Ace 400 and trying it here. 😀 Had a blast! It's always good to put fresh eyes and more experience on one of my permissions. Nothing wrong with humility now and again 😳
    • By F350Platinum
      Got an inch of rain yesterday, and probably the best weather today for metal detecting. Mid 70s and breezy. Told my wife I was gonna make a day of it, and did I.
      Spent the entire day hunting the "new-ish" house front yard. It's only about a half acre, but the last time I just hit all the easy spots and I got 32 coins.
      Today I got 37. Two wheats, a 1941 and a 1952 D. One quarter, 7 dimes from 1966 to 1981, mostly 1967.  Two 1970s nickels in one spot, and 4 Zincolns. The rest were memorials from 1959 to 1981. 
      Dug 2 rings, one gold electroplated (says that in the band and most of the plating is gone) and one broken aluminum ring that says LOVE. That was the last target of the day. The small dark ring is a steel pipe cutoff - it was a solid 34! Broken zinc toy pistol grip, a flattened lipstick tube with engraving. A small aluminum plate with stamped diamond shapes and  "D".
      Now for the interesting stuff. Here's a closeup of the ring:
      Next is the Milk Bone dog tag with the owners' name on the back.
      Supposedly these are from the 1950s. 
      Pin with rays on it that probably held a coin, I stuck one of the dimes in it for size. It looks like it was plated as well.
      Some sort of brass finial, threaded inside:
      And the find of the day, an 1897 IHP. Never thought I'd find one here.
      As close as I'm coming to it, I'm surprised and a bit annoyed that I haven't found a single silver Roosevelt. Anyone know what the ID would be? 🤬
      And for those of you that don't think productive hunts by experienced people produce much trash, here's the days' take, I'm pretty comfortable with the Equinox now:
      I was in "dig everything" mode today. Didn't skip much.