What Would You Like In The Next XP Detector ?

1 hour ago, Dug2gld said:

I have used the DEUS for the last 8 years! I absolutely love that machine! Awesome target separation, thinking the tarsacci would make a great backup machine to the deus....lol!! But now thinking the DEUS will make a great back up machine to the Tarsacc!! lol!! 

I have the Tarsacci and like it for very specific VA hot dirt situations, but still use the Deus and now the Equinox with the fantastic 10x5 coil more.

XP's only real move is into multifrequency land but with ML on their fourth generation of multi and everyone else at the starting line, not seeing how anyone can keep up.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Something I’d like to see is an improved pinpoint 

button which is fast on/ off or only works while the

button is depressed.  Currently, it takes a long press to activate the pinpoint function.  I rarely use pinpoint because it’s not efficient enough. The best pinpoint ever is the T2 and F75 trigger type. Nothing comes close that I’m aware of anyway 

• Like 3

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Let’s not forget Xp hasn’t ventured into the water proof detector land yet.

Multi detector using multifreq that is better than current Deus Hf Coil/detector ops in iron?  Is it even possible?  Guess we’ll see.  

• 2 weeks later...

The XP Orx is very new to me coming from Minelab. I absolutely love it and love how it collapses. I do wish the coil could be turned so that it's perpendicular to the handle when collapsed so it would fit in a backpack better.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Kelpike said:

I do wish the coil could be turned so that it's perpendicular to the handle when collapsed so it would fit in a backpack better.

Simply separate the coil and coil shaft from the stem (it slides right off) and you can stow them in a backpack quite easily.  That's how the XP branded backpacks are designed to stow them for transport.

• Like 2

I thought that too when I got it, but not an issue.  I carry mine in a tennis racket bag with added straps to make a backpack. It holds up to 3 coils although I  usually leave the extras in another bag in the car and choose. Also holds a Predator Raptor with a D-handle  I added. Makes a great mini shovel I can use anywhere.   As for the WS4 pod I attached it to my dig pouch so I can see TID and run a short coiled cord to lightweight headphones. So it’s essentially wireless.   

12 hours ago, FLLonnie said:

How about a 5" or 6" coil?  I guess the elliptical HF coil is as little as they are going.  Really don't need the HF frequencies and prefer the X-35.  Maybe an elliptical X-35?

The following is just a commentary on why there might not necessarily be a technical/business case for an x35 variant of the elliptical coil ever being released.  Not throwing shade on your suggestion.

The HF coil operates as low as 13 khz with frequency shift which is a decent all purpose frequency. Unlike with the 9" round HF, with the 5" wide elliptical you are really not going to see any appreciable depth gain with the lower frequencies the x35 coils can operate at.  So there is nothing performance-wise  that would appreciably drive sales of an x35 version of the elliptical. 

So, if the elliptical form factor fits your needs and you already have an x35 you might want to give it a shot as the lower HF elliptical frequencies (14 and 28 khz) overlap well with the x35 and would also give you the ability to chase micro targets at 70 khz if that situation arises.  I have a relic hunting buddy who just tears it up everywhere and anywhere using the HF elliptical coil, exclusively.  My personal favorite coil is the 9" round HF, though I might have gone for the 9" x35 except it was released 1 1/2 years later.  I have an 11" x35 for depth and coverage and the 5 x 9" elliptical for tight situations or nail beds.

• Like 2

True All Metal Mode would be nice. That's coming from an Orx newbie. 🙂