Great hunt !  Beauty of a half!

That's quite a haul for not being your fave search area !  

It's raining up here...except it just included a 50% mix of huge flakes for 30 seconds then back to just rain.37*. Maybe our NewEngland weather will bring a hurricane to scoop out the dozer "damage" to your good spot so you can post pics of more than the few items you dug up this time..Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh😉annnnnnnnd it's snowing again !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Great hunt !  Beauty of a half!

Thanks. One of the nicest designs on American coins, along with the Standing Liberty quarter, Mercury dime, Buffalo nickel and Indian Head cent. My favorite series as far as beauty goes. But I do love the Flying Eagle cent as well.

39 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

That's quite a haul for not being your fave search area !  

It's raining up here...except it just included a 50% mix of huge flakes for 30 seconds then back to just rain.37*. Maybe our NewEngland weather will bring a hurricane to scoop out the dozer "damage" to your good spot so you can post pics of more than the few items you dug up this time..Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh😉annnnnnnnd it's snowing again !

Thank You. It's adjacent to my favorite spot. Yep that dozer could have been put to better use in my opinion 😄 Thank God for mother nature to level the playing field for us beach goers. I will try harder to get you more items, I have been slacking 😉 

29 minutes ago, Elbert said:

The walker is one of my favorites. Congrats on the hunt.....Lot of digging.

Thanks. I love finding any big silver. I think this is around #8 for this season from there. Another 16 or 17 from previous seasons. This is the only beach where I have found this many silver half dollars. It's the reason I don't travel away from this place too many times.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Oddly enough, there was not a single zinc to ruin my day.

Do you have an interpretation for that other than randomness?

You sure do produce with that (heavy) PI.  And every time I see a WL Half I feel both joy (for the finder) and a bit of pain (for me since it's my favorite all-time USA coin design, even more than the St. Gaudens $20).  There's one out there with my name on it but as yet I haven't figured out where it is....

Good stuff, as always, and I doubt these 30's degree days bother you much after what you went through during the winter months.  Besides, it keeps the riff-raff out of your way.  :biggrin:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Do you have an interpretation for that other than randomness?

You sure do produce with that (heavy) PI.  And every time I see a WL Half I feel both joy (for the finder) and a bit of pain (for me since it's my favorite all-time USA coin design, even more than the St. Gaudens $20).  There's one out there with my name on it but as yet I haven't figured out where it is....

Good stuff, as always, and I doubt these 30's degree days bother you much after what you went through during the winter months.  Besides, it keeps the riff-raff out of your way.  :biggrin:

Thanks. The lack of zinc just shows that the ocean has cleansed whatever remained after all the detectors have swept the area, (after hours) during the beach season. They usually take a blind eye to detecting after the life guards go home. So the locals come out and look for the gold in and out of the water. As for the huge number of coins? Some say it is due to storms surging things back on to the shore. I'm not completely on board with that, as the coins are laying fairly close to the clay layer. I'm thinking storms and wind have removed enough sand for me to just be able to hear these targets. The GPX is heavy especially if I try the 18" coil on it. The 12 1/2" coil is all I can handle on a regular basis. A 14" coil would be perfect for depth I would think. 🤔 The weather is not usually an issue with me, as long as I am constantly moving and digging. The wind can sand blast your skin and eyes though. Helps rejuvenate those dead cells 😄. I'm pretty sure that I am the riff-raff on the beach 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Congrats on your GPX finds from your beach!!  I hunted my beaches for a few years with a TDI Pro and a 17x13 Nugget Finder coil, and slaughtered the deep silver, along with a decent number of gold rings....It was so tough digging those deep holes that tend to fill back in the deeper you dig.  I had 3 reinforced beach scoops made years ago by Chuck from Sunspot scoops.  I totally destroyed one after 8 months of digging in hard packed sand for 15-20+” targets.

I surmise my TDI Pro (GB Off) with the larger 17x13” coil would penetrate slightly deeper in the sand than a GPX with 12.5” coil would, but not 100% convinced...I had thought of buying a used 4000/4500 a year ago to test depth against my TDI pro, but it never materialized. I bought my TDI Pro for $950 (used only once before by previous owner) back in 2014, and it has paid for itself many times over.  

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this, if you or any of the locals in your area have hunted with a TDI Pro before.

HH,

Dan

• Like 2
4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

One of the nicest designs on American coins, along with the Standing Liberty quarter

I have only found one of each (Walker and Standing), and they happened to be nestled right next to each other in the hole.  The quarter sized ring visible on the Walker.  My two favorite designs as well! 

I am constantly amazed at the amount of silver you pull off the beach.  I will continue to live vicariously through your amazing beach hunts.

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

There's one out there with my name on it but as yet I haven't figured out where it is....

I have a feeling this is your year GBA!

• Like 2