Report From A 6000 Tester, Plus A Cover Kit

Nenad speaks!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=604239#p604239

and the first cover kit for the 6000:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36990

Reports coming in from various Australian users, seems the detector does find gold. Now if U.S. dealers could start making deliveries. I have to think that with machines delivered first in Africa, and now in Australia.... any day now? :smile:

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts

Minelab GPX 6000 Owner’s Manual

minelab-gpx-6000-gold-nugget-detector-gpx17-coil.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Report From A 6000 Tester, Plus A Cover Kit

I do like how stable the threshold appears and how sensitive and clear it appears to be on the small stuff...I'd be getting one if I went gold hunting more then I do. 

strick

• Like 1

Another Nenad video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Q & A on GPX 6000 from Nenad.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34961&p=23

Q. So Nenad, now the 6000 is released can you tell us how the Geo-Sense works?
Also, how do you compare it to a 5000 and SDC?
Cheers

A. No idea how Geo-sense works from a technical point of view, only know that it does.
It picks up the same type of gold the SDC likes, but at better depth. I got a faint signal with the 6000, scraped the surface and the signal was louder. Checked with the SDC and nothing. Scraped off 2 inches of ground and the 6000 was singing at this point. Tried the SDC again, and it now got a faint threshold rise. I dug it out, and then couldn't find it in the dirt with the SDC. I grabbed the 6000 and it clearly saw the target, and it ended up being a 0.3g bit with a lot of personality.

Re the 5000 if the gold is of a solid or waterworn nature, then it'll be able to hold it's head high against the 6000. But on spongy / reefy stuff, it doesn't stand a chance. Some of the gold I've found with the 6000 I tested on the 5000 and 4500 later, in all timings, and the best I could get was "something" in the audio while rubbing the target on the coil. And these were bits found at 4 inches on the 6000. Hopefully I can demonstrate this in future videos.

Q. Have you compared to the zed Nenad?
I’m guessing at 4” the zed with standard coil would also have no problem?

A. With the Zed it gets a little more complicated as there's a more blurred crossover point between target orientation, size and depth.
One thing that clearly does stand out though is the Zed in normal gives more of a boost compared to the 6000 in Normal. And Zed starts to win more as target sizes increase.
In simple terms, on most targets under a gram the 6000 will do as good if not slightly better than the Zed, particularly when the Zed is in Difficult. But not all targets.

I found a reefy 5.4g bit with the Zed and 12" Z-search coil. Later did a quick test with the 6000 and there was hardly any difference, the 6000 maybe giving a slightly more "peaky" signal due to the monoloop coil. On a more solid 5 grammer, and I reckon the 7000 would have shown it's true colours, particularly in General.

• Like 6

Latest video from Nenad.

• Like 4