I Got My Equinox 10" Elliptical Coil

I am impressed with it. It will my main coil this summer lake hunting.

I like the razors edge tone when detecting. It is fast as it goes over targets. Depth is very impressive in my mild ground.

I hate to say but my Anfibio Multi is the backup detector to my Equinox 800. Even with the 5x10 coil.

I look forward to seeing what Minelab has coming.

• Like 4

I received mine also. No chance to try it yet but my guess is that it won't come off for my my sites. The Anfibio Multi is another great detector but after getting the Nox 800 I sold the Anfibio as for me, the Nox just did everything better. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Might want one of these for desert detecting (good for getting in between brush. iron, etc).

Anyone know the best place to get one?  Any deals or is everyone selling them for MSRP?

TIA!

Brian - Mine came from Seriousdetecting.com 

• Like 2

Every sellers sells them at full price. They are sold out everywhere and trickling in from Coiltek. Mine came with a broken cable strain relief at the coil end, but I fixed it myself because no replacements are available.

17 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Every sellers sells them at full price. They are sold out everywhere and trickling in from Coiltek. Mine came with a broken cable strain relief at the coil end, but I fixed it myself because no replacements are available.

Seems like more than one coil is coming broken. 🙄

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, midalake said:

Seems like more than one coil is coming broken. 🙄

As far as I can tell, Coiltek packages them in clear plastic display bags. Some sellers ship them boxed and others ship them in mailing bags. Mine was in a mailing bag that had damage on the outside and when I opened it, the coil was damaged too. I can't understand why a vendor wouldn't spend an extra $1 to box such an expensive coil to guarantee it arrives to the buyer in good condition. I won't be shopping there again.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

As far as I can tell, Coiltek packages them in clear plastic display bags. Some sellers ship them boxed and others ship them in mailing bags. Mine was in a mailing bag that had damage on the outside and when I opened it, the coil was damaged too. I can't understand why a vendor wouldn't spend an extra $1 to box such an expensive coil to guarantee it arrives to the buyer in good condition. I won't be shopping there again.

YA, no kidding! 

Very shoddy business practice to send loose in bag and no box or at least cardboard sleeve. 
just ragging cuz I’m still waiting for mine with no idea of when I might expect it. Anyone hearing of a sizable batch coming ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By RickUK
      Would like some help please on a specific coil for my TDI Pro,i have the option of buying this brand new Coiltek 6'' Mono coil which was of course specifically designed for the GPX range of detector,the GPX Mono coils do work very well on my TDI Pro as i own and use most of them on the TDI.
      Has anyone specifically used this small 6'' Mono coil i am looking at using it most of the time because i am using smaller coils more and more due to the problems that i am hving with a broken wrist that i had from a bike accident decades ago,does anyone have any thoughts on this combination please.
    • By Chase Goldman
      Spending a few days at the beach and managed to get out for a few hours to bond with my Coiltek Nox 10x5 coil (really 9.5 x 5).  Only have had a chance to hunt two or three times with it.  Have now had a couple 2 to 3 hour runs with it.  Once in a park and now this beach run.  Though no spectacular finds with it so far, it is hitting keeper targets well with decent depth/sensitivity, ID stability, and it pinpoints well.  Love the light weight coupled with the tight swing ability and OK swing coverage.  I will probably be selling my 6" round because it no longer serves a purpose for me.  This coil combined with my Zlobrik telescoping CF shaft forms the basis for my tote anywhere light weight Equinox kit.
      I'm relic hunter, not a proficient beach hunter, and knowingly did not optimize my probability of success (went out with rising tide, light beach day, hunted primarily the towel line, went with a low[er] coverage coil etc.) because of time restrictions - had other family activities planned.  Anyway, nothing spectacular. Plenty of clad, some junk rings and the only thing of perhaps relative value, what appears to be a silver, engraved Toyota key fob or medallion. Weird item, but definitely silver backed and heavy at .8 oz.  Trash ratio was pretty good, only fooled in a couple of junk items like the washer, vape, the screw top (natch), a pull tab that rang up a solid 13, the drywall anchor insert, a disposable contact lens foil pak, a freshness seal (great solid 7 target ID but the tone is light vs. a ring)   and the rusty tent stake that was falsing off the bend. That silver medallion fooled me too as I thought it was just another clad quarter (hadn't noticed the VDI above 35) and the junk rings sound great too. The other items were iffy probable junk that I dug just to confirm suspicions.  Used Beach 1 primarily, though I could have gotten away with just about any other mode because I did relatively little wet/saturated sand swinging (high surf line was really sanded in with minimal cuts and steep slope).  The key on the bottlecaps was running iron bias F2 at max 9.  They were unmistakable after that.
      Anyway.  I had fun and like my light weight Nox setup.

• By Chase Goldman
      I documented a recent 3-hour beach run in this post.  It focused on my thoughts on the 10x5 coil.  Bottom line: I like it.  I covered mainly the dry sand towel line, got into one pocket spill and found a silver engraved medallion or key fob from a local car dealership.  I did well to avoid trash and relied on high F2 iron bias to eliminate bottlecaps.   Today I managed to hit the tide line and to literally get my feet wet with the Nox 10x5 in the wet sand and surf wash.   What struck me was the stability of the coil in the wash in Beach 1 at the relatively high sensitivity setting of 23.  The other eye opener was the sensitivity to micro targets under those conditions at up to 6-inches in saturated sand and moving salt water.  Again nothing spectacular, a very tiny brass rosary centerpiece displaying a miniature "Our Lady of Guadalupe" relief image, two tiny pendants or charms of unknown composition a pineapple charm, and a small decorative loop that broke in my pouch (it was heavily corroded), a small portion of stainless chain, and a couple coins.  I struck silver again on the return trip through the towel line with a freshly dropped silver and turquoise watch with SS back and band (primarily an eyeball find after it blasted my headphones on the coil sweep and yes, the time was set accurately and ticking away just fine, lol).  Trash was similar to yesterday (you can see it in the bag in the background) with some tiny falsing ferrous wire and nails that were too iffy not to scoop. Some bottlecaps just to periodically confirm the ID (even with full IB, you can get a 10 to 15 ID chirp off the edge but it is dominated by a ferrous grunt).  Couple of pristine "13er" pull tabs, freshness seal, and misc small aluminum bits.  An aluminum liquor bottle neck wrap light green object). Overall, a lot fewer targets overall but attrubute that to half the run being in the tide line/surf wash during rising tide (again tge timing didn't work out for me to hunt while following the tide out).
      All in all, another enjoyable 3-hour run with this coil.  I could swing this coil all day long.   Love it's stability, sensitivity, depth, separation, coverage, and, of course, it's weight.  Shame Coiltek felt the need to weigh down it's bigger brother elliptical to favor water hunting over terrestrial use, otherwise I would be considering that coil as well based on the 10x5 performance.  Equinox finally has a winner smaller coil with adequate swing coverage now.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      My good friend Larry S was proud to share some recent success using his Equinox 800 and the new 10" Ellip NOX coil.

Notice how small the one just in front of the CoilTek, pretty amazing.

Nice to see some of what other people find as some folks think me being a dealer, it's setup.  Those who know me, realize it's real and I would never take credit from a customers success anyway.

If you want to learn more about the benefits of the new NOX 10" Ellip 10x5" coil, watch this video:
      Time to get out there and get you some.
      Thanks again Larry for sharing your Success.
    • By aerospace guy
      I keep checking for anyones results with the 10X5 looking for gold & so far have seen hardly anything! Hoping a dealer or other reviewer would have had time to use the coil for gold prospecting and again, had time to do a write up. I have had success with the 6 " DD on the EQ 800 and am wondering how the Coiltek compares?