I Got My Equinox 10" Elliptical Coil

I am impressed with it. It will my main coil this summer lake hunting.

I like the razors edge tone when detecting. It is fast as it goes over targets. Depth is very impressive in my mild ground.

I hate to say but my Anfibio Multi is the backup detector to my Equinox 800. Even with the 5x10 coil.

I look forward to seeing what Minelab has coming.

• Like 4

I received mine also. No chance to try it yet but my guess is that it won't come off for my my sites. The Anfibio Multi is another great detector but after getting the Nox 800 I sold the Anfibio as for me, the Nox just did everything better. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Might want one of these for desert detecting (good for getting in between brush. iron, etc).

Anyone know the best place to get one?  Any deals or is everyone selling them for MSRP?

TIA!

Every sellers sells them at full price. They are sold out everywhere and trickling in from Coiltek. Mine came with a broken cable strain relief at the coil end, but I fixed it myself because no replacements are available.

17 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Every sellers sells them at full price. They are sold out everywhere and trickling in from Coiltek. Mine came with a broken cable strain relief at the coil end, but I fixed it myself because no replacements are available.

Seems like more than one coil is coming broken. 🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, midalake said:

Seems like more than one coil is coming broken. 🙄

As far as I can tell, Coiltek packages them in clear plastic display bags. Some sellers ship them boxed and others ship them in mailing bags. Mine was in a mailing bag that had damage on the outside and when I opened it, the coil was damaged too. I can't understand why a vendor wouldn't spend an extra $1 to box such an expensive coil to guarantee it arrives to the buyer in good condition. I won't be shopping there again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

As far as I can tell, Coiltek packages them in clear plastic display bags. Some sellers ship them boxed and others ship them in mailing bags. Mine was in a mailing bag that had damage on the outside and when I opened it, the coil was damaged too. I can't understand why a vendor wouldn't spend an extra $1 to box such an expensive coil to guarantee it arrives to the buyer in good condition. I won't be shopping there again.

YA, no kidding! 

Very shoddy business practice to send loose in bag and no box or at least cardboard sleeve. 
just ragging cuz I’m still waiting for mine with no idea of when I might expect it. Anyone hearing of a sizable batch coming ?