Audio Sunglasses

Has anyone tried them with a metal detector?

I came across an article which displayed some Bose audio sunglasses.  The concept was not something I had really considered but when you read about them they are built for athletes that need to be aware of their surroundings to avoid accidents.  We detect in areas where we need to avoid accidents and critters also so hearing outside of headphones is beneficial.  This would also have the potential of eliminating hot and or uncomfortable headphones for me in the desert.  I don't think they could work well at the beach with crashing waves.

Maybe we can begin a review of these Bose and other audio sunglasses here.  Of course there would need to be some with LL and other technical specifications to work with our equipment but it could also be a new product idea for one of these companies. 

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/frames/bose-frames-tempo.html#D61A74D4CFE947DB6685D4D8CE1982FC 

• Like 4

I have a Buddy that bought them for fishing videos!  Problem with Prospecting is when looking around your giving away your area.  Other than that they work fine and we’ve made some great videos with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lucky,

These don't have a camera.  It is just blue tooth audio.

I think if there is not a lag it could be a great product for many prospectors.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Unfortunately they only mention Bluetooth 5, no Aptx-LL. Won't work with Equinox. 😵

• Sad 1

Yes, I know it is not mentioned but ... maybe someone knows about another sunglass speaker?

Would be interesting to find out, because I would like to have something like that for the eyes and hearing both.

Would make it nice because I have tried headphones and my ears fill up with sweat all the time.

• Oh my! 1

I have just left a message on the Bose community.  If I was an electronics entrepreneur I'd work hard and fast on making some of these glasses and sell the idea or the product.

• Like 1

There are these style that don't include the glasses, but still let your hear the environment too. Unfortunately not AptX either though...

image.png.33ea994a381cf0b414021d102b45047a.png

I stopped using headphones entirely because of rattlers and I like to listen for my dog in case he hurts himself. I dig the concept of having phones that let you hear the environment.

I can see XP making something like this for some reason.

• Like 2