Audio Sunglasses

https://www.nuheara.com/products/iqbuds-max/

I use these on both my GPZ and GPX5000 with their bluetooth transmitter plugged into detector earphone jack.  All are APTX LL.  They will pair with my Equinox without transmitter.  Aussie Product as well.  So far ahead of anything else on the market.  Programmable to your own hearing frequency losses as well as directional noise cancelling.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw them in a boating magazine I knew there was an application for detecting.

2 minutes ago, echidna said:

I use these on both my GPZ and GPX5000 with their bluetooth transmitter plugged into detector earphone jack.  All are APTX LL.  They will pair with my Equinox without transmitter.  Aussie Product as well.  So far ahead of anything else on the market.  Programmable to your own hearing frequency losses as well as directional noise cancelling.

I am on the nuheara email list because I was looking for hearing assists and I've also used their hearing loss tests.  I'm glad to know they pair easily.  Unfortunately for me I hate ear buds or similarly held in the ear devices.  I'm always expecting them to fall out.  I do know you can get some custom fit for the audio channel of the ears.

Please tell us more how they are in use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Unfortunately for me I hate ear buds or similarly held in the ear devices.  I'm always expecting them to fall out.  I do know you can get some custom fit for the audio channel of the ears.

Please tell us more how they are in use.

Having worked around heavy machinery and loud tools most of my life (farmer),  I am used to having earplugs in, so not a problem for me.  My hearing is still very good by their test but have lost some high frequency which is normal as we age unfortunately.  I hate earphones in our temps and the loss of normal ambient sounds can be dangerous.  Have used external speakers exclusively but they are a pain in windy conditions as volume has to be turned up and didn't realize how fatiguing the extra noise is until I used these.  Please Note, I am not recommending these to anybody, just that they suit me very well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, echidna said:

Hey, thanks both of you for putting up this info. I use the 7000 with the WM12 on my chest listening for targets but as you say windy conditions cause problems. I also need to be on the lookout for cattle in the bush. 

If I want to keep the sound away from others around me then I plug in some light ear plugs to the WM12 but then the cable catches on the face net and shirt etc but still enables me to be separated from the detector for digging targets. If the Bluetooth transmitter can plug direct into the 7000 port then I dont need to use the WM12? Turn off the WIFI to reduce battery power consumption?

I wonder if the ear buds(so no headphones) would connect direct to the new 6000 detector without requiring the transmitter or even with the transmitter connected, enabling low latency Bluetooth to the detector without any cables between operater and the machine? cheers sturt

Isn’t LL tech aimed at video and gaming so that there is no latency between video and audio?  So if the sunglasses are made for outdoors and audio only presumably than unlikely the core market would need LL tech. 

Only thing I could see ( no pun intended) having some some sort of LL tech on eyewear would be like VR or augmented reality glasses or audio gear marketed for video or gaming. But unlikely those would have weatherproofing that would be preferable for our hobby. 

I wish my August headphones were somewhat weatherproof.