GPX 6000 All I Want To Know Is

Are JP et al trading in their Z7000s in favor of the 6000?  Is this the "Go To" machine for everyday prospectors?  From initial reports it would appear the 6000 excels at sub half gram nuggets in OZ soils, but isn't expected to compete with the 7000 on bigger/deeper gold.  Here in the US, will I have to sell a kidney for the luxury of having both detectors?  It may be some time before us CONUS prospectors even see the availability of such a machine, do I sell the 7000 before the market is flooded?  Does anybody know what the recovery time is for a kidney donor?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Condor

If you’re the donor it’s said it will take about two to 4 weeks to get back to normal daily activity. 
 On selling your 7000 it may be a good thing because less weight if we talking about the above person being you.

Chuck 

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to GPX 6000 All I Want To Know Is
7 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Condor

If you’re the donor it’s said it will take about two to 4 weeks to get back to normal daily activity. 
 On selling your 7000 it may be a good thing because less weight if we talking about the above person being you.

Chuck 

Hey Chuck,

I only need to sell a kidney if I can't possibly get by with one or the other of these high dollar Minelab tools.  I've already held on to a Deus, a Tarsacci and an Equinox.  Maybe I need to cut back on my detector addiction.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab have made clear that the GPZ 7000 is the top dog, especially for larger, deeper gold. I would expect vey few serious operators to ever take a step down, as the drive is always "more power, more power." JP already made it clear the GPZ is and will continue to be his main machine.

Long story short it will not be a market dump for the 7000. This is not a deal where everyone is upgrading to what is being sold as a more powerful replacement for the GPZ. Most power users will stay with what they have, or maybe add a 6000. I think this is aimed at people who have a SDC 2300 or GPX 4500/5000 etc. type detectors, but for whom the GPZ 7000 was too much weight and too much money. GPZ 7000 owners are last on the potential customer list I would think. The ones that are considering the 6000 are more in my camp I would assume. Willing to give up the chance of hitting a one pound nugget at three feet. Guess I'll only dig mine at 3.5 feet. The 6000 targets the bread and butter around here. I'll not worry about the big one going beep if I get over it.

I'm the target customer, not JP. So where are you? :smile:

You know me, I've got to have all the right tools for the right jobs.  Unfortunately, I've got a champagne taste on a Pabst Blue Ribbon budget.  I've got to keep that Doodle Dog in tennis balls, she destroys 2 a day and I'm buying them by the gross.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Condor  

I don’t know what age you are but don’t sell something you going to need . If you were like me being I’ll be 80 next month I can assure you that I can let a lot of things go I’m  not using anymore besides a Kidney.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Her kidney or the 6000????

I'm trying not to fall into the NursePaul philosophy of buy high/sell low and what don't get stolen you can give away.  If I had 20% of the value Paul's stuff that's been stolen, I'd buy 2 6000s.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Oh my! 2