GPX 6000 All I Want To Know Is

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

gimme that 6x10 scrubber also please. :smile:

And please make sure it's waterproof. Before the 6000 I used the SDC 2300 to primarily detect in creeks. I always thought it was a missed opportunity that the Coiltek 5 X 10 SDC coil was not waterproof as I would have jumped on one straight away.  I found the new 6000 coils extremely buoyant with all that empty space under the coil covers and not ideal for pushing into crevices and cracks under water. I also had a fair amount of EMI with the 11" mono coil so a smaller coil would find its way into my arsenal pretty quick.

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

• Like 4

JP -  would it be possible to do a performance comparison between the Nugget Finder 12” coil on the GPZ and the 11” on the GPX? I think they would be pretty close coils to compare the two.  We already know that the GPX beats the GPZ for ergonomics and weight, but the new Nugget Finder from your review and from watching Outback Prospecting seem to be much more sensitive for smaller gold at and depth.  But what I am not sure about is how it might handle the different soil types versus the two.  Just was curious on your thoughts and what you might have found out comparing the two. And if you also wanna compare the weights that would be all right too 😂😂.  I have to go by what people write on here because there is not a dealer anywhere near me that has any of these. The closest for me is Arizona which is a good day and a half drive, and I cannot afford at the moment to take four days off from work just to test a coil 😂😂.

• Like 1

I have one request if possible from anyone testing in the field, a VLF comparison like a Nox 800 small coil or GM for smalls on shallow soil?

• Like 1

What you guys will find with testing is the results bleed seamlessly between the various models, with each having some edge the other lacks. This is the part that maddens people and makes simple answers dangerous. A Gold Monster still is best for finding invisible gold. If you have to own one detector, you will compromise, period. I promise anyone as a person that does the tiny gold thing, that if you get a 1/10th grain speck and do your tests, in actual ground, it will take a microscope and a micrometer and a lot of hours to sort out. For some people the Gold Monster will back up the GPX 6000 for the tiniest gold, and for discrimination. In my case, an Equinox with 6" coil will always be out with the 6000, which will often have the 17" mono running. Equinox is a pinpointer, trash handler, and flyspeck detector that pairs really well with the 6000. But for gold only guys, a shortened up Monster will be a better alternative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What you guys will find with testing is the results bleed seamlessly between the various models, with each having some edge the other lacks. This is the part that maddens people and makes simple answers dangerous. A Gold Monster still is best for finding invisible gold. If you have to own one detector, you will compromise, period. I promise anyone as a person that does the tiny gold thing, that if you get a 1/10th grain speck and do your tests, in actual ground, it will take a microscope and a micrometer and a lot of hours to sort out. For some people the Gold Monster will back up the GPX 6000 for the tiniest gold, and for discrimination. In my case, an Equinox with 6" coil will always be out with the 6000, which will often have the 17" mono running. Equinox is a pinpointer, trash handler, and flyspeck detector that pairs really well with the 6000. But for gold only guys, a shortened up Monster will be a better alternative.

This is actually what afreakofnature and I were recently talking about. Except for me I would have my Gold Bug 2 instead. I think its a grand idea to be able to pull out a vlf and quickly see if a target is trash or not. Also been thinking about just carrying along a nalgene bottle to put tiny targets into instead of trying to find them in my scoop, then just pan them out later. Hopefully save some time while out in the field.  

Hoping the 6000's start showing up in the US soon!

• Like 2

Yup like this

But I am still curoius about the big boys being on par with each other like stated above Nugget Finder 12” on GPZ vs 11” Mono on GPX (minus weight and ergonomics, although thoughts and experience on weight would be nice too).

• Like 1

Just in from Australia, GPX 6000 11" coil found 25 gram nugget at 600 mm (23.6") deep. Looks like it can go deep!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34961&p=25

Bill

image.thumb.png.8505e62ca23206608ea161b469e7770c.png

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

I’m not trying to put it down or anything but that’s a pretty big piece so not surprising 🤷‍♂️.  I found the head of a shotgun shell with an SDC 2300 at 18 inches and a 1/4 ozT nugget at 14”. So I don’t really find that super impressive. I’m really looking forward to the i found a 2 1/2 g nugget 24 inches deep.  Maybe I’m wrong 🤷‍♂️.  But either way impressive nugget and nice depth.

First use. I love it. So easy to swing. Loving that I can use it without a harness.

No gold today, but was more about experimenting.

It likes hot rocks, even in difficult. Not unexpected really. I know these little suckers well and the 7000 likes them too 😉

It seems very sensitive to changes in EMI, but the noise cancel works remarkably well.

Great machine. My new best friend 🙂

• Like 3