Are JP et al trading in their Z7000s in favor of the 6000?  Is this the "Go To" machine for everyday prospectors?  From initial reports it would appear the 6000 excels at sub half gram nuggets in OZ soils, but isn't expected to compete with the 7000 on bigger/deeper gold.  Here in the US, will I have to sell a kidney for the luxury of having both detectors?  It may be some time before us CONUS prospectors even see the availability of such a machine, do I sell the 7000 before the market is flooded?  Does anybody know what the recovery time is for a kidney donor?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think JP summed it up nicely. Yeah, 6000 gives Monster run for the money, but I still bet on Monster for the tiniest bits. Yeah, the 6000 gives the 7000 a run for the money, but I still bet on

The 6000 is all about light weight and amazing sensitivity on the sub gram stuff with good outright 5000 depth performance of which we are already very familiar. This has all been bundled into a moder

I’m was on the GPX 6000 development crew. This is my first production level model, a step up from my last prototype... which I thought was great. Sadly for some out there, this means I have a 17” mono

Posted Images

Condor

If you’re the donor it’s said it will take about two to 4 weeks to get back to normal daily activity. 
 On selling your 7000 it may be a good thing because less weight if we talking about the above person being you.

Chuck 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Condor

If you’re the donor it’s said it will take about two to 4 weeks to get back to normal daily activity. 
 On selling your 7000 it may be a good thing because less weight if we talking about the above person being you.

Chuck 

Hey Chuck,

I only need to sell a kidney if I can't possibly get by with one or the other of these high dollar Minelab tools.  I've already held on to a Deus, a Tarsacci and an Equinox.  Maybe I need to cut back on my detector addiction.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

Robin, might let you use her’s for 20%.  

I've got some Girl Scout Cookies about to mature.  We'll do some horsetrading.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab have made clear that the GPZ 7000 is the top dog, especially for larger, deeper gold. I would expect vey few serious operators to ever take a step down, as the drive is always "more power, more power." JP already made it clear the GPZ is and will continue to be his main machine.

Long story short it will not be a market dump for the 7000. This is not a deal where everyone is upgrading to what is being sold as a more powerful replacement for the GPZ. Most power users will stay with what they have, or maybe add a 6000. I think this is aimed at people who have a SDC 2300 or GPX 4500/5000 etc. type detectors, but for whom the GPZ 7000 was too much weight and too much money. GPZ 7000 owners are last on the potential customer list I would think. The ones that are considering the 6000 are more in my camp I would assume. Willing to give up the chance of hitting a one pound nugget at three feet. Guess I'll only dig mine at 3.5 feet. The 6000 targets the bread and butter around here. I'll not worry about the big one going beep if I get over it.

I'm the target customer, not JP. So where are you? :smile:

You know me, I've got to have all the right tools for the right jobs.  Unfortunately, I've got a champagne taste on a Pabst Blue Ribbon budget.  I've got to keep that Doodle Dog in tennis balls, she destroys 2 a day and I'm buying them by the gross.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Condor  

I don’t know what age you are but don’t sell something you going to need . If you were like me being I’ll be 80 next month I can assure you that I can let a lot of things go I’m  not using anymore besides a Kidney.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Her kidney or the 6000????

I'm trying not to fall into the NursePaul philosophy of buy high/sell low and what don't get stolen you can give away.  If I had 20% of the value Paul's stuff that's been stolen, I'd buy 2 6000s.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Oh my! 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I've read a few posts from those who have both and their input is pretty much what I expected.
      Having fun (especially with others) is the majority of why I enjoy detecting.  Only a select few actually do it for a living and do well.  The rest of us (me included), enjoy the hunt, adventures, comradery with like minded friends, and getting some gold on occasion. It's looking like the GPX-6000 is getting the majority of gold better than the GPZ-7000.  So, is the extra weight worth the rare occasional big nugget?  Lets go a step farther.  Say the ZED hits a 4 ounce nugget at 34".  Will the 6000 hit that same nugget at 30", 32" 33" or 34".  Say it's 2" less and only gets the chunk at 32".  It's still near 3' deep which is deeper than most folks enjoy digging and or most other detectors out there.  
      So the reality for most folks, the GPX-6000 at a cost savings of $2000 and over 2 pounds lighter, better ergonomics, no more tethered into a harness, more user friendly, real wireless Bluetooth phones, is the best option for most.
      Like I said in another post.  There should be a convoy of GPZ users heading down the highway to get the new GPX-6000 and having more fun, more gold more often.  I can help make that smile happen.
      Anyone have a point I am missing or totally off, please chime in.
      Pic of the nugget will probably only be a few inches in depth difference between the 6 and 7.  But the majority of us would probably hear if with both machines at 30 or more.

• By Purplehays69
      I totally understand that our Aussie brother's n sisters always get the jumpstart on the newest Minelab gold detector but our wait in the USA is getting totally ridiculous......
    • By Condor
      My personal observations only, quick testing with no appreciable methodology.  Make no conclusions based on my limited time with the machine.
      I had Steve's 6000 for a couple hours this morning.  At sunup I detected up a swale where Jason had found a couple nuggets yesterday.  I gridded a section 6 ft wide and about 25 yds long.  I marked 7 undug targets, 4 definite dig me signals and 3 iffy threshold warbles with the 6000 and 11" coil.  I then covered the same ground with my 7000 and 15x10 Xcoil.  The 7000 had no trouble with any of the 4 dig me targets and found no new targets.  Nothing but Ground and Salt noise over the questionable targets.  I dug the clear targets, first 2 were micro nuggets in the .2 gram range.  Third was a shallow hot rock and the 4th was surface trash.  I ran the 6000 back over the questionable targets and couldn't get anything repeatable.  
      I wish I had known JP's thing about the speaker/EMI because I was noise cancelling often, especially if I set the machine down for any length of time.
      Jason's summary from yesterday sums up our limited joint testing quite well.  My feeling after this limited time is that if I were 5 years younger, I would stick to the 7000 with the array of X-Coils to suit the conditions.  But, I'll turn 67 years young next month and my detecting shoulder has been nagging me for several years.  I have fashioned a hipstick that transfers the detector weight into the frame of an archery fanny pack with shoulder straps.  I thought it was great until I swung the 6000 with 11" coil.  Regrettably, I decided to run the 6000 with the 17" coil with no bungee this morning.  45 minutes and I was done, hence my abbreviated time on the 6000.  I'm  gonna want a bungee for the 14" DD or the 17" coils.  
      N. Nevada at this time of year is tough to hunt.  The weather is great, but the ground has enough moisture to make the salt darn near unbearable in many places.  The 6000 with 11" coil tames it some, but there's no magic absent the DD coil.  Hot rocks are about the same as the 7000, although I found the Auto + with nearly silent threshold chops the tailing edge of a hotrock signal.  You'd still have to dig them, but without enthusiasm.  
      Am I buying one, probably.  But I'm not rich and doubt I can justify $13k worth of detectors.  I'm going to need to make an either or decision.  
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Has Minelab not given dealers a price list yet? What are the accessory prices for the 6K? They are delivering around the world (except the U.S.) so somebody must have accessory pricing. Or it’s out there and I’ve been too busy to find it. A lot of people are not going to buy until after they know the accessory pricing,  and decide it’s acceptable.
    • By Skozzy99
      Still very new to the gpx. I go through the routine of EMI reduction and then GB, but even when absolutely motion less, every 5 seconds I get a warbling sound that lasts for about a second or so. When I start to swing a bit, it still does that warbling at the same interval. This is with the 11 commander DD. I haven’t tried this with the mono yet. I do have a single phase 7200V line about 200’ away. All settings are at factory presets. I have tried adjusting RX gain and stabilizer without success. The only thing that smooths it out is the cancel switch. Is this a common occurrence? I’ve searched 25 pages of Minelab forum pages (here) to root out the answer, but no luck yet.
      Thank you
    • By Steve Herschbach
      ....... is that they lack any Geosense!  Sorry, could not resist, just having too much fun with this.