1962 Franklin Half

Nice silver. Guess most people pay attention to the surf and coin line and don't consider the entrance/exit. That's where I found my gold ring, and foreign money.

Great finds!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice silver. Guess most people pay attention to the surf and coin line and don't consider the entrance/exit. That's where I found my gold ring, and foreign money.

Great finds!

We pay 'attention' to it all.  You just have to be at the right place at the right time and of course ... treasure is where you search for it.  The more places you search the more treasure you will find.

• Like 5

Great finds MN!

Looks like you keyed into a nice older layer! Since it's in the relatively stable dry sand, I wonder if you could rake down a few more inches in square yard sections, to get a little more access to it! At least that could  further identify an existing layer, and perhaps some more nice coins! Good luck!👍👍

• Like 1

The tractor drivers would frown on me making a trap for them.  haha

• Haha 1

I meant hand rake some small areas, not whip out the D 500, Parker!!🤣 Although.... I have been known to follow behind the beach rake tractor to see if he stirred anything up! 😁👍👍

• Like 2

I'm using the 15" to punch the top 8-9 inches of loose sand.

• Like 1

Where those repeatable signals, or right on the edge of depth? I will reread your post again.....

OK! Strong signal! Not too deep? Correct? The half looks like it's been there awhile; not a recent drop!? Maybe some single frequency swings, or one of the other multi's?

I know!!! I'm playing "armchair detecting detective!" 🤐

I've been restraining myself from buying any more coils for the Nox, until the Coiltek's are fully tested! I'm a little gun shy, with the coil tab issues I've had with the 11"!

If you don't mind, post a closeup of the front and back!! Thanks!! Now go find another! That one look's lonely!😁👍👍

31 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

OK! Strong signal! Not too deep? Correct? The half looks like it's been there awhile; not a recent drop!? Maybe some single frequency swings, or one of the other multi's?

It was a strong signal and I think it was laying on the upper part of the hard dirt/pan that was down about 10 inches.  Part of the hole filled in before I took the picture.  I think it has been there a long time but it didn't dark tarnish like the other coins.

Earlier in the day I was at a play park and use 4khz because the sand box is on top of a drain tank.  Multi has to be taken back there to around 18.  The Franklin location doesn't really have any EMI issues.

36 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I've been restraining myself from buying any more coils for the Nox, until the Coiltek 15" is fully vetted! I'm a little gun shy, with the coil tab issues I've had with the 11"!

I broke off the ears on my CTX 17 and put the shaft back on with a repair kit that includes zip ties!  It works fine.  What I discovered about making the screw too tight was that each time I touched it to the ground to flatten the coil for swinging it strained the ears.  It wasn't the sideways crunch that ripped my ears off but it was the rocking motion.

Here is the coin before:

IMG_20210419_205308_691.thumb.jpg.02c2f1a25ad2df3ab23ad1d0f63b3dfa.jpgIMG_20210419_205336_297.thumb.jpg.853361208a798cd3c57fd14db4db8355.jpg

And after an aluminum foil, vinegar cleaning:

IMG_20210419_211049_234.thumb.jpg.d8d5ea1376fd873a8cfa15e41d94a20a.jpgIMG_20210419_211105_050.thumb.jpg.b7918ff30213b49d9492b1dd8b1850bc.jpg

It really kinda pops with very little circulation wear.  

• Like 7