What Was The Outcome Of All The Equinox Polls A While Back?

Of course Steve H. has the answer but as it's been a day since you asked I'll put in my place-holder answers.

1) Polls here have a time limit for answering.  Posts in general can be kept or deleted over time as their relevance waxes or wanes.

2) My recollection of the headphone poll is that about 50% use Bluetooth exclusively, 10% don't use wireless, and the remaining 40% use either the built-in (WM08) wireless exclusively or some combination of that plus other options.

3) I really don't remember the results of the Iron Bias poll, and can't recall the questions, either.  🤔

Not sure if this helps, but the poll threads you referenced have the results at the top.  

Yeah, I saw the poll results and can find those. That doesn’t really tell me much other than preference of others. 

My question was more related to his statements about this being used for something... And maybe something about it benefiting us or something like that. Just curious what the something was?  

Input for development of next gen or other competitor? Software update? Someone writing another book?  

I keep telling people the engineers follow this forum. It was a request from an engineer to gather data for future detector development. The brand should be obvious. Equinox was not developed in a vacuum, but basically built to order from forum comments about what people want.

When will you see results? Maybe in the next Minelab detector. Or maybe not. It’s just research. Detectors take 3-5 years to develop, so it’s not like poll over, new detector next day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

When will you see results? Maybe in the next Minelab detector. Or maybe not. It’s just research. Detectors take 3-5 years to develop, so it’s not like poll over, new detector next day.

Do you think they will add another 1/8 of plastic to each coil ear?  Or will that cost put them over the edge? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I keep telling people the engineers follow this forum. It was a request from an engineer to gather data for future detector development. The brand should be obvious. Equinox was not developed in a vacuum, but basically built to order from forum comments about what people want.

Good enough for me. Answer satisfied my curiosity. Thanks.