Wow My First Ever Silver Coin Found At Last

Here's a video of my first farm metal detecting trip of 2016 where I find my first ever silver coin.  I was out with 2 friends, I was using my Minelab X-Terra 705 metal detector, my friends were armed with a Garrett AT Pro and a Blisstool detector.  The farm permission we were on was in a quite contaminated field yet we all managed to find some silver coins each, I was just very pleased to finally find  a coin with some value attached to it.  The Minelab x-terra 705 detector did well in the field considering how trashy it is in places so I was happy with out it performed through the day, the weather was just too cold so I stopped after about 3 hours to warm up, feeling pleased with my 1 good find for the day, a 1819 George 3rd coin.  

• Like 5

Congratulations on your first silver. 

Going by the coinage that you have found you must be based in the UK ?? the large round thing could possible be part of a drain cleaning outfit for clearing sewer pipes out,usually made out of a rubber flexible type material for clearing blocked pipes without getting stuck while using cleaning rods.Could be wrong though.

As you are finding rubbish and that drain cleaning end i am wondering if that field has had some form of green waste put on it ?? once again i could be wrong.

Its nice to find some Georgian milled coins,i found a George 111 full Guinea last year in mint condition,got top dollar price for it as well as a few Viccy Sovereigns.