Detector Training

23 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Arch,  I'm not in AZ., but this video I did might be of some help to you.

As for some personal hands on training 1 on 1, I'll have a Field Staff member down there this next winter and he trains on both gold nuggets and meteorites.  I was with him in Jan down there and hunted those space rocks for a couple days,  we did quite well.

20210113_104451.jpg

20210113_115613.jpg

20210113_182624.jpg

20210114_075526.jpg

I appreciate the video.  I've watched before on Youtube, but I need to watch it again.  It would be great to learn from an expert.  That was quite a haul.  The only meteorites I've ever found were the ones I bought at the gem show and on Ebay.  Must be really exciting to find one out in the field. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It would be great to learn from an expert.  That was quite a haul.  The only meteorites I've ever found were the ones I bought at the gem show and on Ebay.  Must be really exciting to find one out in the field. 

One of my Field Staff, - Lunk will be down in AZ this winter and I'm sure I'll get down there for at least 1 trip.  He's not only dialed in the best Settings a variety of detectors to find Meteorites, he has spent countless hours and days in the field researching sites.  

A few of our customers from past - will visit AZ in the winter and schedule back to back training through me, and I connect you with Lunk.  1st day is learning the detector to find gold (at a different site down the road) and then the 2nd day is to learn how to set detector for those elusive Meteorites on some sites that still produce.  

Having that space rock sitting on your mantel with your other purchased gems will easily be the most memorable.

Good luck down road and be sure think positive.

• Like 6

Wish you were making all those videos like you used to I remember you saying that the guy quit doing it for you because Minelab would not compensate or something? 

I used to commercial fish in Alaska for many years and one day I woke up early at crack of dawn and stumbled out on to the deck of the boat to find my boss mushing his poop on the gunwale of the boat...apparently he had swallowed one of his gold teeth the night before having his dinner and wanted it back...I hope you never have to do something like that Gerry 😄

strick

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, strick said:

apparently he had swallowed one of his gold teeth the night before having his dinner and wanted it back

That would be another reason to get the 6000.... 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, strick said:

Wish you were making all those videos like you used to I remember you saying that the guy quit doing it for you because Minelab would not compensate or something? 

I used to commercial fish in Alaska for many years and one day I woke up early at crack of dawn and stumbled out on to the deck of the boat to find my boss mushing his poop on the gunwale of the boat...apparently he had swallowed one of his gold teeth the night before having his dinner and wanted it back...I hope you never have to do something like that Gerry 😄

strick

The old Minelab Marketing people saw a need for quality videos and yes my video guy has a small contract with them.  We would do educational videos and have Minelab review it before release.  It was good for my video guy for a couple yrs.  Then this new Minelab came in and starting cutting things left and right.  They canned my video guy and I was informed "they get plenty of free video mentions from happy customers".  

Yea, I have some bad habits of tossing finds in my mouth.  

V0000004(1).thumb.JPG.4db8bd4aeb4a72e6f82042b8af3b37f2.JPG

I about tossed a nugget in my mouth from this pic above, but then realized what I was digging next to.  Just to the right is a dried pie.  At least it was dried though.

BTW, Did you boat mate ever recover his gold tooth?

• Haha 6

On 5/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

One of my Field Staff, - Lunk will be down in AZ this winter and I'm sure I'll get down there for at least 1 trip.  He's not only dialed in the best Settings a variety of detectors to find Meteorites, he has spent countless hours and days in the field researching sites.  

A few of our customers from past - will visit AZ in the winter and schedule back to back training through me, and I connect you with Lunk.  1st day is learning the detector to find gold (at a different site down the road) and then the 2nd day is to learn how to set detector for those elusive Meteorites on some sites that still produce.  

Having that space rock sitting on your mantel with your other purchased gems will easily be the most memorable.

Good luck down road and be sure think positive.

Wow!  That's a beauty!  Thanks for the video and the words of encouragement.  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:01 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

BTW, Did you boat mate ever recover his gold tooth?

I dont think so...lots of good probiotics in a cows stomach. Used to look at them swimming around under the microscope! 

strick

To the OP...your gonna want the training!

• Like 1