What’s Wrong With This AQ Picture?

Where is the 8" lower rod?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cobill said:

Where is the 8" lower rod?

YEP! I got the coil but no lower rod. Called Arturo when it came in Tuesday and apparently he didn't ship it out thinking I had just ordered a coil. It will be "processed" shortly. 

• Like 2

Congrads on the new coil!

When they first sent me one to test last fall they sent it with out the lower rod also. I was a little puzzled at first....I notified them of the problem and they were very fast in getting one out to me.. Mistakes happen..... More then once looks like.

Having the 8 inch coil and not being able to use it right away ..... I grabbed one of my Xtra Excalibur lower shafts and took off about 1/32th of a inch on each side. Fit perfect...

Enjoy that 8 inch.. And keep us informed on how it works. 

• Like 8

My new 8 inch came assembled with lower rod. As it came, the cable comes out behind the shaft, not in front like with the 15 inch coil. Wondering if that was an assembly mistake or intended with the smaller coil. I like the new cable clips, but there are only two on a shaft. I think there should be four on each shaft.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, okara gold said:

YEP! I got the coil but no lower rod. Called Arturo when it came in Tuesday and apparently he didn't ship it out thinking I had just ordered a coil. It will be "processed" shortly. 

Man, that coil cable looks real short. Are tall people detecting on their knees?  Is there a cable shortage? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, midalake said:

Man, that coil cable looks real short. Are tall people detecting on their knees?  Is there a cable shortage? 

Both cables for the 12.5 and 8 inch are approximately 48 inches in length, including the strain relief and connector.

19 hours ago, tvr said:

My new 8 inch came assembled with lower rod. As it came, the cable comes out behind the shaft, not in front like with the 15 inch coil. Wondering if that was an assembly mistake or intended with the smaller coil. I like the new cable clips, but there are only two on a shaft. I think there should be four on each shaft.

I should re-read before I hit the submit button. Sorry for typing the wrong coil diameter!

TVR.... are you sure about the cable going on the back?   It appears both could ..... we used to do that with the DFX coils.  But.... that cross over that aids in PP looks to go in the front.  Maybe im wrong.  

Dang Bob, its been an ordeal for you the last year or so with equipment.   Let me know how that 8" works.  A lot of PIs used to come with those 8" coils for water hunting.   Id still prefer a 9 or 10" one.