What’s Wrong With This AQ Picture?

It looks to me like having the cable attachment behind the rod would make it so the coil would not fall flat when you set the machine down due to the way the ears wrap around on that side. I would think that is the way it's supposed to go.

The 8” cable gland should be in front the same as the 12.5”:coil. There is some concern on stressing the cable if folded flat for transportation so take note of that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Carolina said:

The 8” cable gland should be in front the same as the 12.5”:coil. There is some concern on stressing the cable if folded flat for transportation so take note of that.

Why should they be in front?

If there is concern about the coil being folded flat, wouldn't it make more sense that it be in the back so as to prevent that from happening?

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

I was thinking that too. I'm going to switch it so it is oriented like the 12.5 inch. The 8 inch is not prone to flattening when set down ... just not much leverage or weight in play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

The cable gland is in front because it is the technology inside that imposes it. (coil specifications)

There will be less variation due to salt water during a swing.

Good to know. Thank you for confirming.

13 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

TVR.... are you sure about the cable going on the back?

That is how it came from the factory, as new, already assembled. I'll turn it around to correct and install Steve G.'s shaft clamp on the upper shaft of this detector too.

• Like 2