High Winds, Bullets Everywhere, And The Zincolns Kept A Comin'

Not a bad day at all. It will be interesting to see if on old glass or pottery shards show up in those fields after a good rain, Arrowheads too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JCR said:

Not a bad day at all. It will be interesting to see if on old glass or pottery shards show up in those fields after a good rain, Arrowheads too.

Thanks! It's always good to find silver. Hard to believe it's spring with the cold air and freezing temps overnight.

I'll have to check when they disc in front of my house. Indian artifacts are reportedly common here, I haven't found any. The farmers say they have.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kac said:

That a fishing sinker in the mix? Nice merc.

Yeah, the top loop was broken. As If I didn't have enough lead to carry. I didn't think I'd ever get any silver out here!

• Like 2

Great job on the merc, and bullets! Junk goes with good stuff! At least your "junk" has some good age to it! Keep at it, now it's a whole new field! I love a fresh disced field, after a hard rain!!🤩🚜

And do your arm a favor, and place the battery under your arm cuff! That will help counterbalance the coil well! You can apply some more of that rural engineering to make it snazzy, functional, and quick to mount, I'm sure!!👍👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Great job on the merc, and bullets! Junk goes with good stuff! At least your junks got some age to it! Keep at it, now it's a whole new field! I love a fresh disced field, after a hard rain!!🤩🚜

And do your arm a favor, and place the battery under your arm cuff! That will help counterbalance the coil well! You can apply some more of that rural engineering to make it snazzy, functional, and quick to mount, I'm sure!!👍👍

Were it that I could, they told me they are planting it all tomorrow. 😕 Supposed to be a freeze tonight, maybe I'll get a break. At first they said they were just going to disc it and leave it for a bit, but the rain never happened here.

We'll see what they do with the 175 acres in front of my house, maybe there will be a shot at that. Historically they have done "no till" farming, but this year they are turning the soil.

Ya got me thinking about that arm cuff! 🤔

• Like 2

When I'm up in Georgia hunting and/or detecting, I am just careful to step between rows, after they plant! When the plants come up, and get bigger, ( cotton, corn, peanuts!) I use a smaller coil, and alter my swing to accommodate, if I think it's a good area! I also hunt the roto-sprinkler ruts, tractor ruts, washes, and field perimeters, for a little extra area! When I can no longer do rows! But I do bail out of the field in a hurry, when i hear the sprinklers hissing, or the crop duster coming! I don't want to get soaked, or be one of those cancer stories that the lawyer's chase after, on late night TV!🤣👍👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

When I'm up in Georgia hunting and/or detecting, I am just careful to step between rows, after they plant! When the plants come up, and get bigger, ( cotton, corn, peanuts!) I use a smaller coil, and alter my swing to accommodate, if I think it's a good area! I also hunt the roto-sprinkler ruts, tractor ruts, washes, and field perimeters, for a little extra area! When I can no longer do rows! But I do bail out of the field in a hurry, when i hear the sprinklers hissing, or the crop duster coming! I don't want to get soaked, or be one of those cancer stories that the lawyer's chase after, on late night TV!🤣👍👍

Guess I'd have to coin shoot, I must have dug 100+ holes today. Don't think they'd like that.

They have the "grasshopper" sprayer parked out there with lots of those chemicals that would grow an arm out of your head 😀 no worries, river hunt next week and I have to do some RV repairs from MY trip to Georgia... 🤪 Still got a few places to go here.