39 minutes ago, DB1000 said:

I thought we would have had some upstanding members on here and not scam artists.

There are upstanding, and outstanding members here. However that is part of the scam.

A "member" give you a tip. But it is nothing more than a first contact form a scammer.  Someone did that on another detecting forum to me, hey my "friend" has one of those. I smelt plenty of fishy and backed out luckily. 

With cell phones everywhere, I have been asking people to send me pictures with a current date hand written in the picture. That way at least I know they have it.  

• Like 1

Yup that’s him. That’s the other name he used. Thanks 

Yup, lesson learned. I do not have PP due to a breach a few years ago nor do I use any other E form of money transfer including online banking. 

I was scammed on another website and the method was very similar. I was looking for a detector and someone responded that "so and so has one. You can reach him at this address." I fell for the scam, but was lucky to recover my money. I will NEVER buy anything again on any website unless it is from a reputable dealer, or one who has a history of selling and with a good record. You would also be well served to look up the seller's history. If he is new to the website and has only posted a few times, that's a red flag right there!

• Like 2
  • Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      I tried all the dealers, none have any in stock for some reason. Please contact me with a shipped price to zip 78643, thanks.  
    • By midalake
      Looking for Nox Minelab 15" coil. 
      Thanks. 
    • By WesD
      I'm looking for some Koss UR30s  or SDC2300 style would be even better. New Condition
      I can trade gold,  cash, or maybe a custom backpack pick?  Same as seen on icmj cover with Mike

• By cobill
      Looking for a good condition Doc's Gold Screamer Power package for my GPX 5000. Let me know if you have one to sell.
      Bill
      l
    • By Bill (S. CA)
      Hi everyone.  My name is Bill Paxton and I write frequently for Western and Eastern Treasures magazine.  I'm working on a new article called "Detecting By the Decades" that is about how detecting has changed from the 1960's until now.  As part of this article, for each decade I am going to focus on a machine that, in its day, was considered one of the top ones to use.  I've got almost every decade covered with machines I or my friends own and a few oldies that I have picked up.  I am having trouble finding one, that being the Fisher 1260 series of detector.   What I'm looking for is a working 1260-X (my first preference), 1265-X or 1266-X to purchase for the article.   Since the magazine doesn't cover purchases for the article I am paying out of my own pocket.  I'm looking for a "wall hanging/back of a dusty closet" price in the $25.00 - $50.00 range and I would cover shipping.  If anyone has one of these detectors they would part with please let me know.  I'd be happy to make mention of the previous owner in the article and include a picture no problem.
      Thanks for giving my request a look and feel free to message me if you either have one of these detectors or know where I might find one.
      Many thanks.
      Bill
    • By Lobo Exp
      I am looking someone that has extra or used coils that are still in decent condition. I am trying to build a detector from one of the Russian boards and will be needing a coil first for testing and later if the detector works, for hunting. It needs to be tuned to 17 to 18khz to work.  The coils for Tejons, Vaquero and Cibola and maybe other Tesoro models will function. I don't know that much about the models Tesoro sold and there doesn't seem to be much info on the net about such details. Coils seem to be hard to find for these units also. I have been searching and not finding much. I found one used Lobo with all the pieces on an auction but it found a home before I could make a run at it.  I looked at some non branded coils also but there wasn't enough info about them to determine if they would be suitable.