Most excellent! Congratulations.

• Thanks 1

That is quite a haul for a hammered place across the road!  I wonder what you will find when you get used to the detector!  haha  (You may want to dig lower numbers because I've found that deep targets come up when you get them close or out of the hole.)

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hats off, nice run.

The Nokta's can get really noisy and probably why you missed many of those, very easy to go tone deaf if the gains too high. I'm still learning on the Kruzer and had it a year and finally got it where I like. Of course mos the time I go back to my old Tejon to give my ears a break 🙂

You may want to check out one of the eliptical coils from Coiltek, they may pan out really well in high trash areas and poking around in the woods.

• Like 2

Wow, that's better than I've done in (my best) 90 hours!  So much for a gradual learning curve.  😁

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

custom tone breaks

Curious where you set these.

Most useful old coin hunting settings for me are the 800's many tone break, pitch, and volume options for 5 tones (oh, and the adjustable recovery speed).

Can't wait to see your early silver coin find.

• Like 2

That was quite an amazing hunt. I hate to say it, but I am not surprised. The Equinox 600 and 800 can really detect some deep targets and they don’t just detect them. Lots of VLFs can do that. The Equinox 600 and 800 can actually give the user enough information to accurately identify the conductivity of those deep targets and they can definitely give enough information to encourage digging them. I have owned and used all of the current major intermediate level VLF detectors except for the Anfibio and have tested them in the field against the Equinox on wild targets and in my test bed. Sure, any decent detector coupled with an experienced detector operator can find targets that others have missed. But when I go behind myself with an Equinox on ground I have detected with other detectors...............I really can’t believe it sometimes and I rarely have my Equinox on full power.

• Like 4

Fantastic hunting and a great write up. Loved seeing all the pictures.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

Outstanding hunt! The Equinox is a beast of a machine, I don't think you'll regret getting one. When you find those large coins it really wakes you up! Remarkable mix of modern and colonial.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That is quite a haul for a hammered place across the road!  I wonder what you will find when you get used to the detector!  haha  (You may want to dig lower numbers because I've found that deep targets come up when you get them close or out of the hole.)

Mitchel

This is very true. They're "gettinbetters" 😀I'll dig a 14 and end up with a 22, no other metal in the hole. Is this just a quirk of the Equinox? I have also noticed that when you get a bunch of tones (default tone breaks in Field 2) over a target if you hear any ascending tone in the mix you should definitely dig it.

• Like 3

Little update, I got to looking at 2 of the large cents, because they looked a little small. Well after a little cleaning, One turned out to be a Connecticut copper and the other is a draped bust. Sadly they are in really bad shape.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      My battery in my Nox  is fine.  I pursued ordering a battery.  Just for a spare and to seek out the process so I could share with folks.
      First I called number 1-877-767-6522 (Minelab customer service) and talked to lady named Julie.  Julie referred to the following number in PA - 814-283-4270 (Minelab repair center).  I called this number and spoke with gent named Dan Diehl.  He stated I was actually the first to buy Nox battery. He while I had him on phone had just realized the batteries were at their facility for sale.  Price is $30 USD.  He said total price including shipping was $39 for a nonsignature required usps delivery.  I used a credit card.  And that’s it.  So the number above for Dan is the number to call to buy battery for Equinox.
      As a side note I inquired about their repair backlog.  He said they were in good shape.  With only about a week of backlog repairs on hand.  I asked this due to possible lasting effects of Covid 19, plus I wanted to be able to share with folks accurate info.  In case some were not sending in their units for repairs fearing long wait times.
      Cheers
      David

• By rod-pa
      back to the mill again...working another small steep bank about 50 yards from the last time.  This was at the base of the bank, but still about 8 inches down.  I had just dug an almost surface matchbox car about a foot from it.  I am thinking 1855, 56, or 57, but cant seem to make it out.  First half cent at this site.

• By phrunt
      The 24k was relatively short lived by comparison of other US made detectors that seem to hang about on the market for 10 to 25 years, being a US detector it was a bit difficult for me to ever get my hands on one and I guess I was just too slow at making the move on one.  So I'm considering an alternative.  I like my Gold Monster but it is a bit simplified and I prefer more options so I just use it as a pinpointer, at the moment my primary prospecting VLF is the Equinox, I rarely use anything else.  I have a Gold Bug 2 but find it a bit primitive especially with features and I'd prefer a detector with Target ID's and the tiny gold improvement over the Nox I find is very minimal, the Nox has a great range of features and does a pretty good job but I'm wondering If I'd get a bit more out of a dedicated prospecting VLF with a higher frequency.  Am I losing much not using a 24k and sticking with my Equinox?
      The Nokta Gold Kruzer seems a viable choice, it's extremely cheap and sitting in stock at my local dealer, it has Nel coil support which I absolutely think is a major bonus, the Nel snake coil is made for it, and to me this seems the ultimate prospecting coil. I have it for my Fisher Gold Bug Pro but that detector just doesn't cut it for depth on small gold for me as I live in a place with a majority of the gold being very small.   I need a the best VLF for hot rocks possible.
      Why is it that Nokta detectors just aren't as popular, they seem to make a great range.  The Gold Kruzer and Gold Racer are what people have wanted in VLF prospecting detectors, aftermarket coil support, features dripping off them, quality builds and water proof and so on yet you don't see them as detectors people are using.  Why is this?  Steve H had a Gold Kruzer, Gold Monster etc, etc.... yet ended up settling on the 24k instead.  Is the 24k that much better than the Nokta?  What made the 24k the keeper and the Nokta the one to go.
      Would I be better off waiting to see what Garrett come out with, with any luck Nel will make coils for Garrett's version of a 24k.
      I've never owned a Notka, I am a bit puzzled why they make such feature packed and on paper great looking detectors yet people aren't using them. 
    • By relic ray
      Two years ago, I found 104 nickels in a single hole. No key dates. No bank wrappers. Just nickels. 
      But today I found at 4 inches or so 26 memorials (all copper of course). Deeper down, 23 Wheaties, 2 nickels, and 3 Rosie's, and a Merc. The hole became deeper then my pro pin pointer was long. At least 11 inches deep. And yesterday (Saturday)  nearby, I found this 1937 silver half in immaculate condition. 

Yesterday I 

• By Luis
      Acabo de ver estos auriculares en aliexpres. No estoy seguro de lo que valen, pero lo comparto por si le interesa un compañero. La verdad es que se ven bien
      Translation from Google Translate: 
      I just saw these headphones in aliexpress. I'm not sure what they're worth, but I'll share it in case you're interested in a partner. The truth is that they look good

Plufy deportes auricular Bluetooth csr4.1 banda para el cuello auriculares apt-x estéreo Auriculares con micrófono piel Orejeras
      (Plufy Sports Bluetooth Headset CSR4.1 Neckband Headset apt-x Stereo Headset with Microphone Skin Earmuffs)
    • By Dan(NM)
      I spoke with Martha at Minelab this morning. The reason I called is, my machine is out of warranty and has been replaced three times since I bought it. I wanted to know how much it was going to cost to replace the pod and if the replacement was going to have a warranty. She told me it would cost $350 for a new replacement, or $225 for a refurbished unit. What she meant by refurbished, if someone returned a whole detector because of a faulty coil, shaft etc, they would send out that control pod if there are any available. I am still waiting to hear back from her on the amount of warranty that will come with the replacement pod. She wanted to double check on the amount of time before she gave me an answer. I have her permission to share this information on the internet forums.