Afternoon Dinks

Lunk

Well done Lunk.  If I lived closer to RP I'd be out there too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lunk said:

Thanks Sturt, heaven knows this post can use some more and bigger gold.🤪

those are some fantastic finds, well done. Digging some nice lumps out of that beautiful red Oz soil is totally on my bucket list.😎

Hi Lunk, its still out there in whatever shape the earth decides. It shows in a well bashed area that if you are prepared to take the time and shift fallen branches and boulders then get the coil close to the surface you can get a fabulous surprise. Also I appreciate the strength of the arm assembly and coil of the 7000 which takes the punishment given out reaching under the tough prickly shrubs. Cheers sturt

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Be careful Keith, you might end up Going Insane:laugh:

I was thinking about that post as I raised the sensitivity to insane levels yesterday. We nuggetshooters are insane by default anyway. 🤪

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lunk said:

I was thinking about that post as I raised the sensitivity to insane levels yesterday. We nuggetshooters are insane by default anyway. 🤪

Just use high smoothing!

• Like 1

Went to another old patch today to try a different tactic; since there was larger gold found here in the past, I decided to run in Extra Deep Gold Mode. It had no problem punching 17” on a sweet, chunky 5 gram nugget, and it handles the noisy alkali soils very well, too.

45A81665-4D08-48B5-AB26-C5D5CD03DD92.thumb.jpeg.375ca71e3d8e92c214a190935fa759b5.jpeg

273AE467-2F61-4F3C-910C-C45519B7F4E4.thumb.jpeg.915a8f9fe28db763d33adcb615713e01.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lunk said:

All I can say about my insane settings, is that Steve’s General Theory of Detecting says that if you do not light the nugget up in the first place, then you can’t hear/detect it. My settings were predicated on found targets that respond to those settings, and no others. Change the settings, that insane class of nuggets goes away with it. Here. On my ground, and my targets, and my style of hunting. What can I say, I like them hot! :smile:

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lunk said:

It had no problem punching 17” on a sweet, chunky 5 gram nugget, and it handles the noisy alkali soils very well, too.

Nice chunk ... to smooth or not to smooth is the insane question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Nice chunk ... to smooth or not to smooth is the insane question.

With my audio settings, Audio Smoothing set to High gives the most crisp and distinct signal relative to the threshold hum. Running the smoothing off while the Volume is set high to amplify the faint targets results in a target response that blends into the threshold hum, and sounds washed out and weak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1