New To This Forum But Not New To Metal Detecting

Biggoldnug

Well where to start...I started about 9 years ago with a X-terra 705 because after research it seemed like a great machine for coins and relics as well as gold. I live by about 5 miles from the beaches of Southern California so off I went. First day out, found a diamond ring! Woooo I'm hooked! Since then I spend many hours on the sand finding hundreds of coins and only a few more pay rings. Still having a great time. 

I soon moved on to the gold fields of the El Paso mountains. It took about 10 trips out before I found my fist nugget. It was a nice 1 gram chunk of pay! I was elated to say the least. Since then I got rid of the 705 and went for the Garrett AT Gold. What a great machine! Very much like the 705 but it has a screen reading the 705 didn't...but they both have about the same sensitivity and depth. Love both machines really. I soon came across a Gold Bug2 and that's when I started finding gold like crazy. Although that machine has a learning curve I adapted to it pretty quickly. It's been about 5 years swinging the Gold Bug2 and I can say I still have dreams of finding the big gold nug. I'm here to read how some of you find those "off the beaten path" spots and hope to meet a friend or two. 

Happy Detecting!

• Like 6

Welcome aboard to the forum.

We are  glad to have you here and hope to hear some of your stories from your hunts. We love to see the pictures of the finds also.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 2

Welcome home! 🙂

I hope we can do a meetup sometime up at one of those club claims in the El Paso’s, and would love to see how you handle that GB2. I chickened out and went with a GM, but am curious to see how they work. It would be interesting to see the differences between what they can detect, also!

• Like 3

WELCOME Biggoldnug, Well if your looking for friends, Stories, Info and just good times you found the right place. Glad to have you here to help us all. Looking forward to your adventures.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New To This Forum But Not New To Metal Detecting

Biggoldnug,

Welcome

There are several Southern California members here.  Some of us are like you in that we hunt the beaches and the mountains.  

Mitchel

• Like 3

Hello BGN, 

Sounds like you have been at it awhile! And glad you found the forum, to share and learn with us all! Good luck, and be safe out there!!👍👍

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 6:17 AM, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard !

Glad you finally showed up BGN !

Everybody here has been looking for ya !

Hahaha BGN! Love it! I found a LGN last weekend. The big one is still waiting for us!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 8:41 AM, GotAU? said:

Welcome home! 🙂

I hope we can do a meetup sometime up at one of those club claims in the El Paso’s, and would love to see how you handle that GB2. I chickened out and went with a GM, but am curious to see how they work. It would be interesting to see the differences between what they can detect, also!

Hey buddy! Yes definitely! I went out last weekend and found a .25 gram. Tough detecting but a great time. Good talking to you last week.  Feel free to reach out anytime and I'll do the same.