Worst Find Ever

Norm  

Our prayers and taught are with you and Heather.  You are one of our prospecting Mentors.  The box isn’t full of gold, but it is full of golden memories.  Ps. I will always remember what you said to me “Don’t ask you where you found the gold, because there isn’t any more there.” (Gold Basin)

Jeff & Poksu 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Norm,

I was very saddened to read about your ALS diagnosis, and Jason’s note about his struggles with MS. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts here and on other detecting sites, and I am sorry that I may never get to meet either of you in person. My heart is lightened some because I believe that for both of you, while your diseases may in the end take you, I don’t believe that they will defeat you. I think that Harold Kushner framed it well, I can’t remember which book or the exact quote, but essentially that no man at the end looks back in regret and wishes he spent more time at work with his nose to the grindstone, that it’s family, friends, and spending time with, sharing, and doing the things we love. From your and Jason’s posts I believe that you have done and will continue to do very well in that regard.

Stay strong. Our prayers are with you.

Bill

• Like 5

Norm - you have a forum full of people pulling for you plus your other friends in and outside of the detecting community and your family.  Praying for you to have physical and emotional strength for what is simply just another curveball challenge that life constantly throws at all of us and who are all destined for the same ultimate fate but with different paths to that fate.   I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy your posts on the forum and admire the strength of will you are already demonstrating as you face into this difficult time.  We are here with you and call on us anytime with an occasional post, if for nothing else, a taste of normalcy and an escape from whatever trials you face with this diagnosis.  Stay strong and fight the good fight. We're with you on this and have your back.

• Like 4