GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

I find the speaker perfectly fine but there was little wind and not much leaf litter underfoot to dull out the sound.  Ran on level 2 for the whole weekend.  Still going to work on a Bluetooth receiver and a speaker set-up and am watching what others are trialling to see what works before purchasing.

Well as per JPs advice I gave the H/Phones a go, and JP is not wrong, whilst the speaker is great the H/phones add another level. I doubt I`ll use the speaker much and am hoping the Aventree Torus is the go, they certainly look and sound good and I doubt will be a problem around the neck once one gets conditioned to them but whether they are a replacement for the ML 100 only time will tell. I hope so as I don`t want to go back to H/phones but no doubt I will as tis no exaggeration they add another level to the 6000. Certainly not knocking the speaker.

Your mentioning the Whipstick brings back some memories, in 98 spent a month there but the first day didn`t go well, set up the usual FNQ camp, lovely large tarp up over the tent held down with ropes and steel pegs, all destroyed about a hour later. Found out about Victorias crazy all seasons in a day weather, would be called a mini cyclone up here in FNQ, the press would be all over it and insurance premiums would get another hike. Long story short, got it all back together and had a magic Whipstick gold month, but I`ll always remember that intro weather welcome to Victoria, tis no wonder why you folks head up our way in winter in droves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Well as per JPs advice I gave the H/Phones a go, and JP is not wrong, whilst the speaker is great the H/phones add another level.

Yep, I agree with you, the headphones are great.  Can run the audio a little lower as it blocks out the surrounding environmental sound.  I just don't like headphones unfortunately.  For those that do like headphones I think they will be happy with them straight out of the box  👍

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

When you compare Normal vs. Difficult do you think you loose a lot of sensitivity in Difficult

That's what I was trying to badly say 😆  No, I don't think you do lose much sensitivity at all.  The signal is slightly softer and what you do lose is the hot rocks and ground noise - a win/win.  But again, only a preliminary finding, needs more testing on un-dug targets and I am sure won't be accurate for every target - especially those edge-of-detection targets.   

7 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

You said you still heard the small stuff well, even with the 14DD/difficult?

Mmmmm, good question.  I put the DD on and turned it on.  I know I was in Auto + and I know it was in EMI Cancel mode but didn't take any notice of if it was in Normal/Difficult.  I'll have to turn it on later and find out as the DD is still on there from the weekend.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasong said:

I just had a chance to spend some time on the 6000 in Northern Nevada,

Thanks for the brief preview. Looking forward to read more. How were you able to get a hold on the 6000? Did ML send you one? Good luck for the "surgery". I am sure your patient will survive and be well. 😁

What depth do you think you would of got those nuggets with a gpx5000, gp3000 or a QED and what is the percentage gain do you think you got with the new GPX6000. From your estimates I would calculate the extra gold that can be obtained from a well done grid. I know it is hard but a ball park value would be appreciated. Great post by the way NorthEast. 👍  

9 hours ago, jasong said:

(sorry Northeast, I mean to post this in the 6k US prospectors thread, I was in a hurry and not paying attention).

Please do not be sorry at all.  This was a thread for EVERYONE'S tips, tricks and technical questions.  Can't imagine why anyone thought I would be answering technical questions  🤣

Please ask/provide whatever information that you feel helps others  👍

Okay here's a little tip. Twice now I have found "lead shot" only to realise it was a perfectly spherical ball of ironstone, with you guessed it, gold inside. Only when rubbed/scratched hard and not revealing that dull lustre of lead did I realise there may be gold inside. If you're not sure, put it on a flat bit of quartz and tap it with your pick.  

• Like 8