GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

12 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Dig everything.

Even more so in areas you already have gotten gold out of 🙂

This is where I think the 6000 shines....So I pinged a small small bit....it makes you slow down. Slowed down, dug each signal, ended up with a few more...slowed down again, found 3g sunbaker :)....

Then back to chain area....28 bits and counting, still havent finished chaining with the 6000....every time I move further up, I get more bits....And then i have to put the 19" GPZ coil over the ground that looks deeper!!

I always like to break the monotony of chaining by just having a wander around before I go home....bam!...large speccie 230 metres away....

If I had not found the first tiny bit, I would not have gone back to the area again and again 🙂

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Northeast said:

Haven’t weighed it but would be about half a gram!

0.66 of a gram.  As of today it is pretty much $50 worth of gold I never knew I had.  Bonus!   😁

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 4:05 AM, kingswood said:

Well the 6000 in auto bangs hard on ironstone speccies 🙂

This one today about 300-350mm down.

Loud!!

I tried Sg test which I suck at so I discovered 😉

Will dolly and pan tomorrow....gold on all sides so may be decent...I hope!

speccie 134g 21 May.jpg

That's a really nice speci Kingswood and one to be proud of early on for the GPX-6000.  Hoping more come your way.

• Thanks 1

Hey All,

New here.

Gone from SDC and GPZ to getting a 6000 couple of days ago.

Is it normal for the detector to make a noise, almost like a target noise, if you happen to bump the ground while swinging?
Dead quiet if you bump a bush but slide it on the ground and it goes off its head.
This alone seems to disprove a dodgy coil.
Settings seem to make no difference. 
What am I doing wrong or is it normal for the 11” coil to do that?
Never had a GPX before so not sure what to expect.

39 minutes ago, Gone Bush said:

Hey All,

New here.

Gone from SDC and GPZ to getting a 6000 couple of days ago.

Is it normal for the detector to make a noise, almost like a target noise, if you happen to bump the ground while swinging?
Dead quiet if you bump a bush but slide it on the ground and it goes off its head.
This alone seems to disprove a dodgy coil.
Settings seem to make no difference. 
What am I doing wrong or is it normal for the 11” coil to do that?
Never had a GPX before so not sure what to expect.

Yes. 
It occurs especially in highly saturable ground.

My GPZ does it (less so with the NF ZSearch coil) and my GPX5000 did aswell. Coil control is your friend, try very hard not to scrape and bump to achieve the best results and keep the coil off the ground (approximately an inch). Slow steady swings help aswell.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sheppo,

Should have mentioned, I’m in Kalgoorlie/Leonora/Cue region so the ground is pretty hectic.

My Z barely makes a peep even if I scrub the coil over the entire swing.

DD seems better but my injury precludes my extended use of that coil.
Thanks for your reply, at least I now know it’s probably normal.

What I wouldn’t give for a 11 x 9 DD that weighs the same as the standard 11” coil!

• Like 2

Sheppo take a look at the "Fat Bastard Prospecting" on you tube he's over your way and check out his settings 
here is part one on the 6000 , heavy language warning 

Marty

46 minutes ago, Marty said:

Sheppo take a look at the "Fat Bastard Prospecting" on you tube he's over your way and check out his settings 

Marty

WA mate, other side of the country. Though he doesn’t intentionally scrape the coil either. Will be checking his channel out.

22 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

WA mate, other side of the country. Though he doesn’t intentionally scrape the coil either. Will be checking his channel out.

Doh meant Gone Bush LOL👍

10 hours ago, Marty said:

Marty

19x F... word in the first 4 min. That's one F word every 12.6 sec. Oh well. Perhaps a noise cancel would have helped? 😉 Re settings, I noticed the threshold was very unstable. Perhaps a (detector) noise cancel would have made things better? Also, does the 6000 ever give a low/high response? In all videos I have seen thus far it was always low/high/low, if I am not mistaken.