GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

GC, sure does give a high/low/ high, with the low over the target. Sometimes on deep larger gold, on nail, on lead bullets much same as other detectors. Also as per the Z, you can get a h/l/h in difficult switch to normal (before digging out) and signal sometimes goes to l/h/l and vice versa. But as per PIs and Z don`t think you can use this as a sort of discriminator as it`ll likely do it on bigger gold/lead (non-magnetic) either shallow or deep. That mellow broad faint h/l/h signal could just be that large trophy piece. No real diff to others here, just the 6000s positive signal response pulls you up when it has been a long day and your a wee weary whereas with PIs & Z you might miss it.

Go h/phones or Torus to allow a drop in volume and take out that threshold "instability". I don`t see this as a design fault in the 6000 on speaker, just for vids tis easy to up the volume for sound but not the way to go in reality you want a barely audible threshold as per norm. With the H/phones/torus currently I have the volume control on the 6000 at minimum and adjust the h/phones/torus independent volume control to suit. Very simple easy MD to use, following the practices we have learnt from our previous MDs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Norvic said:

GC, sure does give a high/low/ high, with the low over the target. Sometimes on deep larger gold, on nail, on lead bullets much same as other detectors. Also as per the Z, you can get a h/l/h in difficult switch to normal (before digging out) and signal sometimes goes to l/h/l and vice versa. But as per PIs and Z don`t think you can use this as a sort of discriminator as it`ll likely do it on bigger gold/lead (non-magnetic) either shallow or deep. That mellow broad faint h/l/h signal could just be that large trophy piece. No real diff to others here, just the 6000s positive signal response pulls you up when it has been a long day and your a wee weary whereas with PIs & Z you might miss it.

Go h/phones or Torus to allow a drop in volume and take out that threshold "instability". I don`t see this as a design fault in the 6000 on speaker, just for vids tis easy to up the volume for sound but not the way to go in reality you want a barely audible threshold as per norm. With the H/phones/torus currently I have the volume control on the 6000 at minimum and adjust the h/phones/torus independent volume control to suit. Very simple easy MD to use, following the practices we have learnt from our previous MDs.

Thanks, Norvic. Here in the US we are confined to enjoying the 6000 via Youtube only, with no imminent change on the horizon that we are told about. So, thanks for your insights! Yes, the channel switching on the Z I have observed often, even within the same gold mode. I do have to admit that I am more excited about the mellow h/l/h signals as long as they are symmetrical and reproducible, but I totally agree that in general discrimination by ear is not something that should be advised. Shallow targets mostly give a l/h/l for me, but also that can vary. Interestingly, the SDC appears go give mostly h/l/h for "deeper" targets, although this also could be caused by mineralization/iron stones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

In all videos I have seen thus far it was always hi/low, if I am not mistaken.

Correction: low/hi/low is what I have mostly seen in 6000 videos, not high/low/high

Aye tis a bummer the wait but imagine tis Covid at work. A little more on that volume control on the 6000, I suspect with time we will find some benefit to using it along with one's h/phones volume control at varying levels. Early days to call but I,ve a feeling for chasing those specis that normally the VLFs shine at. 

• Like 1

So whats the story on the American bound 6000s?  Still waiting for chips at the factory, stuck in a shipping container, hijacked by pirates and sent to Africa??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, WesD said:

So whats the story on the American bound 6000s?  Still waiting for chips at the factory, stuck in a shipping container, hijacked by pirates and sent to Africa??

Great question. It's a head scratcher. I don't recall how the 7 got distributed across regions when it first got out, but now it surely appears that the US is all the way on the bottom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesD said:

Been hijacked by a syndicate of selfish early adoptees in OZ.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Weren't we informed the 6000's were already boxed up and shipped to the US some time ago? Can't be manufacturing problems if so.

I'm confused why even if there is a shipping port delay, why they couldn't just dropship individual pre-paid machines direct from Australia via air. I know international air cargo is getting through with minimal delay from Asia, my packages have spent 1 day or less in customs.

• Like 2

Good point. I think there is more going on. It's a painful tease to see all our Au mates having fun while we are still waiting.

• Like 1