GPX 6000 - Tips, Tricks, Technical Questions

On 5/14/2021 at 5:28 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

You are getting me excited my friend with those comments and finds.

Might get you more excited with this.  Found this as a surface scrap in a spot that we have flogged recently.  Wondered why the Equinox, GPZ, etc, had not picked it up when it was a screaming signal on the GPX6.  Literally moved with a brief sweep of the boot so it was a genuine surface piece - assumed it was rubbish but picked it up anyway.  Nice surprise. 

Checked on the Equinox - Gold Mode 1, Sensitivity at 25 with an air test - made a scratchy and not very repeatable peep  😲

Different. Noice.  Unusual  🙃

352151768_littlebit.jpeg.f954cb9df87fc2b0ca1ed2ec1d226fe3.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

Interesting picker.  I scratch my head at those on occasion and wonder why, but I have done it myself a few times, especially when I was learning the NOX.  Gold #1, SENS 19, Manual GB in locked (not tracking) and DISC wide open (which is not what GOLD MODE IS SET FROM FACORTY).  Making sure DISC is wide open and Tracking off will help on those, but if a hot rock or cold stone is near, then all bets off.

Thanks for sharing the "invisible nugget", no more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Neat , sweet and  complete . (The Addams Family ?????)

Noice, different, unusual.  Kath and Kim (Australian comedy series). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was wondering if there was an Addams equivalent !

No doubt every bit as funny...I searched Yoo Toob.

OK so that nugget wasn't funny , but it gets good ratings here !

• Like 1

Hi I bit the bullet and got a 6k. So far spent 2 solid days on the goldfields. Unfortunately I have not had any luck on the gold yet which is a little strange as I have at least got 1 piece of gold on every trip with my SDC over the last 12 months. I have not been able to tame the 11 mono coil. It is constantly noisy sounding off like hyper sensitive. Does not matter if you run in auto1 or the lowest sensitivity. I know that minelab tested the machine for a few days in the area I detect. I know of another operator with a 6k that uses the 11 mono in auto with no problem. I think my 11mono coil has an issue. I will be taking it back to the dealer. The 14dd works great and finds the tiniest of shot. Question: are all coils/machines pre tested before they leave the factory?

• Like 1

Morning Dan. 

No idea about the pre-tested question, sorry. 

Does sound like a dodgy coil though.  Dealer should help out.  

Let us know how you go  👍

Could not find this on any of the earlier topics, but has anyone run the nox next to the 6000 to see if there’s any interference issues.

Thanks for any info.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NV-OR-ID-CAL-AU said:

Could not find this on any of the earlier topics, but has anyone run the nox next to the 6000 to see if there’s any interference issues.

800 Nox, Monster run next to to the 6000.  The 7000 & 6000 will tune each other out to swing close to each other!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

The Equinox made the GPX6 noisy when closer than about 7 metres. 

The GPZ made the GPX6 noisy when closer than about 15 metres.  

The GPZ real close made it sound like the NYPD had just arrived.  

So not too different to most detectors I would think.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2