Military Button Question?

Years back a family friend was moving and we went to say goodbye.  On the way out I noticed an old sewing kit in the trash so me being me, I snagged it.  It had these two buttons in with the other stuff.  I’m just curious if anybody knows the age of these? They look like really nice versions of what we all dig on occasion.  Cell phone pics aren’t the greatest.  

7D18E90D-4147-4C8A-9814-2EC2FEDA0899.jpeg

4C91403F-9CE8-48B9-B4BF-EE6E4FAE863C.jpeg

EEA51384-129F-47D1-B7D5-6D1F830C74CA.jpeg

• Like 5

I saw both of these buttons posted on Treasurenet back in 2012, OP was thinking the big button was a Coast Guard button.

No one ever ID either button but CannonballGuy thought it maybe a version of a Boston City Guard button from the CW, he also stated that he found a photo of the big button in the "Albert button-book in the "Unclassified and Unidentified" section as Button #UU-18".

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/310191-coast-guard-button.html

Since you stated you obtained them years back, was that you who posted them on Treasurenet, are you NorCal 6er" on Treasurenet?

• Like 1

I am not Norcal6er.  But funny thing is I know him.  These have never been posted. 

On 4/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, CVISChris said:

I am not Norcal6er.  But funny thing is I know him.  These have never been posted. 

Check with Norcal6er because it appears he has or had the very same buttons!

I have been doing some more research and I found a button almost identical as the big button and it says it is a Boston City Guard button...it the second one down at this link, the back mark is different but it very likely around the same date line of late 1850s to 1860s.

http://relicman.com/buttons/Button4811-Massachusetts-BostonCityGuard-000.html

The small button is a Navy eagle button, there are many of them on eBay, pretty sure it a CW button as well but haven't found any site that confirms that.

• Like 3

Thank you Gold Seeker for the good info. 

• Like 1

I edited both of my posts above because I saw I mistakenly referred to the big button as a "Boston Central Guard" button when it should of said "Boston City Guard" button.

• Like 3