X Coil Questions

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I got my 15x10 X-coil.  I've used it without patch lead problems.  It didn't exactly make my old patches new again (probably more my fault)

Aye Mn the 15x10 X coil as all the X coils I`ve used lifted the Z another level, but time and new tech has brought us the 6000 which lifts it another level again, watch out when ML introduces Z2 with that 6000 tech and lightness, just wish they`d allow for aftermarket coils as they once did.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I’ve got a 22” concentric x-coil on order now I just need to find a source for the patch lead. I called the guy in Torrance, CA and got shut down he not going to be available until he gets back from his DJ gig, he going on tour around the country spinning disks and pumping up crowds he was unaware of his key role in this operation as the go to from x coils, lol.

has anyone used any other source here in the USA to have one of these made. I did do some soldering making wiring harnesses for marine radios but don’t think the wires were anywhere near as fine and it was 50 years ago.

• Sad 1

Can you ask Jeff if someone else in the shop can do it?  There are several other guys there.

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Can you ask Jeff if someone else in the shop can do it?  There are several other guys there.

Well, when I’d called them yesterday and Jeff wasn’t in I took the position it was the shop I was hiring and told the guy on the phone what I wanted and he was clueless about working on coils so I quickly said I would call the next day when Jeff was back. My guess without the guy who’s done a couple it is probably the same gamble on any guy in any shop I find who will do it, I think I’ll just have to call around until Ive found someone that seems capable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1515Art said:

Well, when I’d called them yesterday and Jeff wasn’t in I took the position it was the shop I was hiring and told the guy on the phone what I wanted and he was clueless about working on coils so I quickly said I would call the next day when Jeff was back. My guess without the guy who’s done a couple it is probably the same gamble on any guy in any shop I find who will do it, I think I’ll just have to call around until Ive found someone that seems capable.

Send me a message when you get a chance, I will help with a solution to your adapter issues.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, 1515Art said:

has anyone used any other source here in the USA to have one of these made. I did do some soldering making wiring harnesses for marine radios but don’t think the wires were anywhere near as fine and it was 50 years ago.

You can try and call these guys.  They are in Vegas.    https://www.knextec.com/      

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swegin said:

You can try and call these guys.  They are in Vegas.    https://www.knextec.com/      

That would be a great source if the job was 'big enough' but there should be some techs that would do an adapter as a side job on a home bench and give you expert service.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 1515Art said:

My guess without the guy who’s done a couple it is probably the same gamble on any guy in any shop I find who will do it, I think I’ll just have to call around until Ive found someone that seems capable.

Adapter has been arranged for you 🙂

• Like 8