1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

Wow!  That HAD to weigh your pouch down😀. Any idea how much all that lead weighs?

At about 1.1 oz per minie that translates into about 5.8 lbs.  I had a day pack and a zip lock bag so I was collecting them in that once it started getting ridiculous.

• Like 2

Great hunt, did you come across any coins at all?

Good luck on your next outing, and save some of those mini's for me when I get a chance to get out that way.

• Like 1

Quite a bag o' lead you got there. Does the button have backmarks? That's a lot of work. Great stuff!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Quite a bag o' lead you got there. Does the button have backmarks? That's a lot of work. Great stuff!

Didn’t see one.  Have to take a closer look but my vision is a little blurry from the lead :laugh:

• Haha 3

Need a little red wagon to start lugging lead like that.... More mini balls than I find sinkers!

Did you figure out where they were shooting from?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By CVISChris
      Second day on the small flat but this time with the DEUS..   It pulled a few good targets using Fast with the XY screen.  The Mexican Real and the pistol tool were maybe an inch apart and the DEUS heard them both.  The more I use the Deus the more I like it.  Cool two piece button in 3 pieces was just under the grass.  I am having trouble reading the date on the coin so maybe somebody can see better than me?  

• By abenson
      Spent 4 days in Nevada last week and hit 4 different places that consisted of a Military Fort and 3 ghost towns all on private property. Found a nice assortment of stuff. Coins are pretty crusty but should clean up OK. The holed looking coin turn out to be a ration token that has been counter stamped a bunch of time. It reads U.S, Subsistence Department on the one side and had One ration on the other.

• By F350Platinum
      I'm camping in NC this week, a new campground that is on a remote island in the Currituck area. It's really an old campground that got a facelift from a big company. Did a ton of research (history, maps, aerials) before coming, they implied on the phone that metal detecting was ok here.
      Talked to some folks after scouting the place, it's over 400 acres of woods, marsh and shoreline that really doesn't have a beach except for about 50 feet at the end of a bulkhead. Got permission to pretty much do what I want from the management, really nice people. They pointed me to where an old farmhouse once stood:
      I brought my less intimidating shovel and promised to show them what I found. This place has been hunted by some YouTube personalities, I'm going to find their video if I can. The ground is similar to my landing back home and cuts like butter.
      Got pretty much skunked at the farmhouse in the 2 hours I was there, had to put on 100% Deet to keep the deer flies, mosquitoes, black flies and midges off me. The not so smelly stuff wasn't working.
      My trash was what I expected for the most part, can slaw, some brass, steel and other aluminum bits. Strange was the lack of much iron here. Everything was coming up in the 10-36 range! I was in all metal. Maybe I was just ignoring the iron.
      Got an "O" from either a Ford or Oldsmobile.
      Managed to dig 3 Zincolns, all 70s from when they said the house was pulled down. Odd too that they were all ID'ing from 22-26!
      Going to hunt the "beach" and may go in the water along the bulkhead. I'll probably go back to the farmhouse area if it gets a bit cooler.
    • By Goldpick
      I have been progressively working a Victorian era house site over the last week or so with the Deus and 9" HF coil, previously it had been detected with my Explorer SE Pro several years back, though obviously not thoroughly enough.  The oldest coin so far off the site was from 1862, though more desirable are the dog registration tags which are considered quite rare and fetch a decent price (not that I would ever sell them).  So far only one silver, an 1884 threepence.
      The soil here is also very sandy and drains well, leaving many of the finds in very good condition - some of the dog tags look like they were dropped yesterday and you can achieve some pretty good depths even with the 9" coil fitted.  Hope you enjoy the pics.