Old Wings Pin With Stone I Can't Seem To Id

Kac, that is some great finds, what does the back of the wings look like.

I have looked at many different wings and nothing comes close to it. It could be something from an airline to kids that fly with their parents form the 1950's. Just a thought on the airline pin, but I am looking st those now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

While not a perfect match, its shape is very similar. Guessing it is safe to say it was a brooch.

https://pbuy.ga/ProductDetail.aspx?iid=21392354&pr=66.99

Screenshot_20210426-060929.jpg

Did a reverse photo search and got the same thing. Victorian era pin. Could have been a hat decoration in the 1800s. 

Cool find!

• Like 4

That's an amazingly close match F350! Same feather count on the wing edges!

Unique find kac!👍👍

• Like 4

Was a pin, the hook and hinge are missing but can see where it was. Back of wings are the same as it was die struck. Great research, makes sense as most the stuff in that area is that age. Not sure what the stone is, maybe onyx or opal. It is pretty clear but has inclusions so it isn't colored glass, Color is on the purple side.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 10:53 AM, kac said:

Was a pin, the hook and hinge are missing but can see where it was. Back of wings are the same as it was die struck. Great research, makes sense as most the stuff in that area is that age. Not sure what the stone is, maybe onyx or opal. It is pretty clear but has inclusions so it isn't colored glass, Color is on the purple side.

As long as it doesn't have any bubbles in it, then it could be a stone of some sort. A lot of the turn of the century jewelry I find has glass in it. Also glass chips a certain way, so examine any small chips in the stone. Very nice piece, great find. Guys that repair items like that heat them up and slowly, and bend them a little at a time and repeat the process until it's straight. Too much heat on thin items and you burn through them. Too little and it cracks when bending.  Still a nice find the way it is.

• Like 1