R.i.p. TDI Bh

As I mentioned some days ago, I was afraid to have a non waterproof control box after minor works on the coil's cable and the PCB inside.

The final result of this morning Is been: lot of unstable treshold drift since a few minutes inside the water(no way to calm down the treshold even with GB off).

Some minor short cause I can see the voltmeter crashed and fuc...d up...

After almost two hours of terrible noise and a few real signals, nothing to Say but a finally stable treshold without signals at all when targets were under or over the coil...

This means to me:the coil isn't working anymore...

Maybe the dumping resistor?

Maybe the lower resistance due to the cable shortening?

Nope....The gasket leakage and maybe the connector too.

I don't even have the time to dismantle again today..🤬🤬🤬🤬

Pissed as usual 

Skull

IMG_20210426_113057.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Oh my! 1

Is that freshwater inside or salt........sorry to see that picture. 
if it’s salt then you must open her out and flush with demineralised water and then a good flushing with methylated spirits.

I only had to use the TDIBH once in water to realise that the combination of coil size and buoyancy of the control box was a nightmare in the water.

Maybe get her back to stock condition and working and then off to eBay.......one sold recently for about $1100 US dollars 👍

My TDIBH is only used for beach work and it is probably the best unit I’ve ever had for that purpose,

Good luck Skully........

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is that freshwater inside or salt........sorry to see that picture. 
if it’s salt then you must open her out and flush with demineralised water and then a good flushing with methylated spirits.

It Is saltwater...

As usual I was freediving at less than 2m in depth in the only spot I can Hunt with latest restrictions.

I'll do exactly what You suggested..

Hopefully the coil Is the only broken part.

• Like 1

Bad news, S.g.diver. water is inside, so you really have to check the circuit board carefully to see any damage.

One of my whites TDIBH went to the service and was change by new tdi past summer. 

No water inside, but unstable threshold and falsing... Suspected coil leakage.

These machines turned to be rare nowadays, at least my dealer got rid of all whites products due to Whites shutdown.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear Skulldiver, I lost a Excalibur about 4 years ago to the saltwater. Could not get home in time to save her. You get to where you have a relationship with these machines when they continue to work there magic. Gone, but not forgotten....🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1