Removable Coil For Compadre?

How hard is it to make the hard-wired coil cable on the compadre to a removable, plug in type?  I have two compadres; one with the 8” donut and the other with the 6”.  If I made them removable I could use them on my mojave and vice versa.  I’m pretty handy and can solder.  Just need a source for the connectors and which ones to get.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just used a Tesoro extension cable.  Cut the female plug and off with about 4" of cable and soldered it to the board.  While it doesn't look stock, it works just fine and I run my cleansweep coil on it all the time.  

Good luck,

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Al F
      I’m looking for an after market COIL SUPPORT for a COILTEK 10X5 EQUINOX coil…. I just finally bit the bullet and found one…. I’d like to put a coil support on this coil to hopefully not break the tabs too soon on it…. Does anyone know where a coil support for this coil can be obtained ? ? ?………thanks …..Al
    • By Luis
      as I already put in another post, I just bought a second-hand gpx 5000.  It comes with the comander 11 DD and 11Mono coils.  I would like if it is possible for a colleague to recommend a coil to complement the ones it brings.  Its use would be to search for coins.  I've been looking at the detech 15 inch DD ultra sensing.  If anyone has used it, what can you tell me about it?
    • By w.j.mccrary
      I am 80 and having problems trying to figure out the difference between COR'S coils and Nel coils.Looking at a 9.5" x 5" d.d. coil for my F-70,seems the Nel coils are harder to find ,but the Cor's are easy to find.Rumor says two brothers own both coils companies is this right?🙂
    • By The_Stalker
      After reading all items available I am confused.  It's probably just me so I apologize if this is a dumb question.  In soil that has low mineralization which coil will go deeper and is more suitable, a DD coil or a mono coil of equal size?  Or in low mineralization does it not matter if you use a DD or a mono coil?

Bill
    • By Dances With Doves
      They      have the coil molds for a 9'' coil from the X-terra  which is a  waterproof coil and  one that I never broke the ears off.I have all 3 of the 9'' concentric coils for the X-terra and liked the 18kz  the best because it was good on gold.Maybe this machine is like the T2 and can't handle a  concentric coil.They also have a 6'' coil  mold which would be nice for small gold if this machine could use a concentric coil.Could a concentric make this machine even better in iron?
    • By mn90403
      I own an Equinox 800.  I've had it as one of the first ones in the United States and was the first one to find gold nuggets with it after Steve H who found his during testing.  I now have 6, 11 and 15 inch coils.  None of them has had a 'coil ear' problem.
      When the Equinox came out with this particular coil design I was very disappointed and knew it was only a matter of time before coil ears would break.  How did I know this?  It is because I had coil ears break on my 17" CTX 3030 many years ago.  At the time the ears broke I didn't even know what to call them.  I tried to heat and melt them back into position.  I tried every glue and epoxy and it would still re-break.
      I was on another forum at the time and some suggest an individual who made a 'yoke' out of space age rubber.  You see the problem with my ears was that they just did not flex enough to let me tighten the coil to keep it from flopping around.  The ears broke laterally just above the coil.
      The first yoke I received from the guy was not really very good.  It was designed to be glued on to the broken coil after you smoothed off the old ears.  A few months later the guy in New York sent me his next fix and it still works today.  You attach that yoke to the detector with plastic ties.  I haven't had any problems.  Maybe some of you have fixed your coils the same way.